PDA

View Full Version : funky problems

dropkickninja
08-16-2008, 09:40 PM
I received my sager 2092 a few weeks ago and I'm pleased with my laptop, but there have been a few weird things happening.

this has happened a few times now and when I power on the machine the screen turns on, but the machine stops there. It happened first about 2 days after i received it and I didn't think much of it then, but today it happened about 3 times in a row and it has happened a few times in between also. If anyone has any ideas on what's happening help is greatly appreciated! :)

Anewbus
08-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Are you seeing anything on the screen? What are you seeing? Any extra beeps heard? Does the screen go blank?

OregonCoastGamer
08-17-2008, 04:10 PM
If you update the video drivers, it reduces the amount of times your computer freezes at boot. I had it a few times when I first got my computer, but installed new drivers and never happens now.

dropkickninja
08-17-2008, 06:27 PM
ok well most of the time it froze right after the screen turned on. you can tell it's on, but it's black and blank. and it has frozen on the sager page as well sometimes.

Where's the easiest place to get updated drivers for my laptop because that seems to be the solution.

nvm there's a post on another thread. thx for the advice!

dropkickninja
08-17-2008, 06:33 PM
ok well I did find the drivers, but there's an ocean of them to choose from. which ones do I need?

OregonCoastGamer
08-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Well depending on your model, 177.79 (choose your specific OS and remember to download the INF also) have been working the best for me :).