PDA

View Full Version : Processor Multiplier

Rossdaddy
09-12-2008, 01:43 AM
My friend has a sager 5796 and he purchased a x9100 cpu just recently off ebay. . His 5796 didnt come configured with that cpu. He wants to install it himself.. His question is, how will he adjust the multiplier?? will the bios just automatically recognize the extreme processor and have a muliplier to change? His current bios doesnt even show a locked multiplier- just no multiplier at all.

dwoodward
09-12-2008, 07:49 AM
Unless xotic will allow him to flash a new BIOS, I would assume that he is out of luck.

Rossdaddy
09-12-2008, 10:31 AM
I installed the processor for him today and it runs great with decent temps. Sure enough theres no multiplier anywhere to change. Is there software that can change multipliers on a extreme cpu within windows? The cpu has an unlocked multiplier so I wouldn't be trying to use regular overclocking software like clockGen or anything, just something within windows to change the multiplier. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

RaderCad
09-13-2008, 10:21 PM
You might to give RMClock a try. It allows for voltage changes on everything as well as clock speed adjustment through windows even vista. Also great for under-clocking your rig to run in extreme ambient heat.