PDA

View Full Version : Vertical lines on New Sager laptop

Stick
03-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Hello,

I just recieved my new laptop and at first the display appeared fine, after a day and a half of use I started noticing these brown verticall evenly spaced lines scattered accross the screen. They are appearing in locations and patterns accross certan shades of colors (particularly in shades of pale blue). Their noticable enough for me to know that they weren't there before but they are definately noticeable now. I've tried re-installing the drivers and am currently re-installing the OS, but I can still see the lines even on the windows instalation screen.

If you look really close you can see the pixles along these lines flickering. I think the video card may be bad but is there anything else i should try before I request an RMA?

EDIT: Also, I can hook up my monitor to the rear DVI port and don't get the vertical lines... perhaps it's display related?

Justin@XoticPC
03-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Hello, I am sorry to hear of this problem. Can you send a picture of this over to service@xoticpc.com? We can get this resolved for you right away.