PDA

View Full Version : White horizontal bands appear on new Sager 9260 LCD display

Window
09-17-2007, 08:03 AM
Hi, I've had my new Sager 9260 (from XoticPC) for about 1.5 weeks now. Everything was fine until I started getting horizontal ghosty (foggy) white bands appearing on the Sager logo black background loading screen, after about a day this seemed to have progressed to the windows logo screen and then to looking at web pages with black or very dark backgrounds (not on blues or lighter backgrounds).

I did an XP Pro (SP2) repair from the installation disc, but no joy. I reinstalled windows XP (and hence drivers- e.g. graphics driver) but this didn't help either. I have noticed that moving the LCD screen up and down makes the bands move or even go away (briefly for for a long time), or gently tapping the side of the LCD screen. A loose LCD cable?? Is there any way to check this or fix this myself with voiding the warranty as I live in the UK and really don't want to have return it to the US so soon after receiving it. Everything else seems fine with the laptop.

I found a few people who have had the same problem with this model in this forum thread: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=162444

Thanks for any help

Justin_W@XoticPC
09-17-2007, 10:21 AM
This does sound like it could be a loose LCD cable. If you just re-mount the cable it may fix your problem.

If you need help in finding how to get to the cable contact Support at 800-741-2219

Window
09-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Hi, thanks for the prompt response. Will I void my warranty if I try to get at the LCD cable? Also, do you know if there is a written tech guide/instructions for this doing this available?

Thanks

Justin_W@XoticPC
09-17-2007, 05:29 PM
You shouldn't void your warranty. I would contact sager before doing any fixes internally.