PDA

View Full Version : Vista x64 driver signing tip: How to disable it permanently

Zatara214
10-14-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm a member in a lot of forums, not just this one, and lately I've seen more and more people switching to Vista x64 and having problems with driver signing. For those of you that don't know this, Vista x64 requires that all installed drivers are digitally signed. It's a very secure method of making sure that none of your drivers are fake. That being said, it's also very annoying for notebook users, as it takes away the ability to install modified drivers, such as those from laptopvideo2go.

So, I bestow upon you now the ability to permanently disable said driver signing in Vista x64! Search google for EasyBCD and download it. It's a very simple and completely free program that has several options in it dealing with the bootloader and other advanced Vista options. Simply check the little box that says 'Disable Vista x64 driver signing', and you're all set! Horay!

There is no risk in doing this THAT I KNOW OF aside from the obvious disadvantage of being vulnerable to unsigned 'fake' drivers... but I take it that most if not all of the users in these forums are of an intelligence level significantly above the average PC user because... well... you're all here and not in the Dell forums lol...

Enjoy!

Justin_W@XoticPC
10-14-2008, 11:29 AM
One of the reasons why Microsoft requires the drivers to be signed is because Microsoft charges these companies for driver verification which makes Microsoft more money. Another reason that drives need verification is because Microsoft tests these drivers for stability. If your using unsigned drivers, you may have stability issues with windows or the hardware device that your using the unsigned drivers on.

As Zatara214 said though:
most if not all of the users in these forums are of an intelligence level significantly above the average PC user because... well... you're all here and not in the Dell forums lol...So you should be able to troubleshoot issues with your hardware device if your using unsigned drivers.