PDA

View Full Version : cost of shipping to canada

timdozen
10-25-2007, 04:32 PM
hey im quite confuse even after reading all the topics about shipping to canada. im quite new to this whole e commerce thing. i was sort of dissapointed when i read i had to pay so much other fees eg duties customs.
can any one explain to me how the shipping exactly works.

the laptop i seleted (compal FT00) came to about $1513

now i would like to know what other fees would i expect and how much when it comes to canada. it doesnt matter how long it takes to get here, i just want the cheapest fees.

and does the delivery man come right by your door, and what happens if your not there?

also whom do u pay the customs, duties etc

xpcdude
10-25-2007, 05:26 PM
You would have to contact your customs departement and ask exactly how much you would have to pay for your specific laptop.
The delivery would be UPS if I`m not mistaken, however, Justin can clarify it better than me, you will probably receive an email about that.
The customs would have to be payed probably to the 'delivery guy' as you called him. However, there is also and alternative, for a friend of yours from USA to buy and and bring it to you over the border, if the custom taxes are to high. Again, you have to check how much that would be.
I know that for my country taxes would go so high as to 35% ( ridiculous by all means).

timdozen
10-25-2007, 06:08 PM
35% thats crazy! well i live in downtown toronto so who ever lived in toronto and has ordered a laptop pls tell me your experience.