PDA

View Full Version : Shiping to Europe

avmoldovan
12-17-2007, 05:49 AM
Guys,
I am awaiting for my sager 9261 to be delivered... for the moment looks like the delay has almost doubled.
I do not have a tracking # for the shipment, so I asked USPS guys, and they said that I should have been provided one.
Does anyone have any ideas? Anyone who received a parcel in Europe, and didn't receive a tracking #? How long can it take?
Thanks

xpcdude
12-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Just a quick questions, are you from Romania?
Note that the shipping time takes upto 2 weeks usually, and the tracking nomber is also updated after the first 24 h.
If your unit has shipped, you will receive a tracking # from XoticPc.

Justin_W@XoticPC
12-17-2007, 01:09 PM
For international orders there is no tracking information provided, as this significantly increases the shipping cost (switching to UPS). However, the package is fully insured and signature is required upon delivery.

For all orders within the US & Canada tracking information is provided.

xpcdude
12-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Well. that makes sense, since USPS is for America only :)

avmoldovan
12-18-2007, 02:16 AM
True, I am from Romania.
But, I've used USPS many times, and for EMS shipings, I did received a tracking #, which was working fine on USPS site until the item left US, and then I could track the parcel using the same tracking # with our local postal system.
Well, that's it, I got to learn to be patient :)

Hey, wouldn't it be nice for the customers to know by making up a table with the transit times for each country? max and min etc... I'm gonna subscribe anyway :)

avmoldovan
01-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Finally, I received the laptop on 28th of December 2007.... so, if you ask me, after quite some time. Also, I was able to track the shipping, and the item left US in less than 2 days! but it entered the destination country (Romania) after another 10(and I have received the notification after another 8 :( )... maybe the hollidays? Anyway...

The machine is more than excellent, in terms of speed, stability, design, usability. As I said, it's one of the fastest and stable piece of hardware I've ever worked with.
The Vista experience index is 5.6.

The system is a Sager 9261, SLI 8700M, 4 G Ram 800MHz, 3 HDD Sata 300 on Raid 5.

I definitelly recommend it, and I think that xoticpc gives the best price on the market for this configuration.

xpcdude
01-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Any extra taxes paid?there might be some other romanian customers wondering about that :)

avmoldovan
01-10-2008, 10:58 AM
Well... that's another story:
- I have bought the laptop for myself, to use it for my/within company, not for resale
- even so, because I paid through wire transfer, from company's account the company name was also applied to the package, and the Romanian customs, took it as an merchandise import
- they required me to register(this was on 28th Dec, nobody can help you on those days) on the National Customs Authorithy and pay ONLY the VAT (19%), no aditional taxes for companies (!!!)

TheOaKMaN
01-13-2008, 06:19 PM
avmoldovan, u ordered with a credit card right? was ur credit card based on Romanian bank? or is it U.S. or Canadian bank. I ordered my purchased but i'm from a different country but currently living in the U.S. If u replied that would be magnificent. :D

avmoldovan
01-15-2008, 04:10 AM
Well, thats another story again :)
I had first time paid it using my VERIFIED PayPal account, (I simply forgot XoticPC requirements), and then I was refunded and then paid using a bank wire transfer, from a Romanian bank account #.
I am usually not allowed to pay using my PayPal or credit card... but only thgough wire transfer...

SagerFan
01-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Hello, is there someone who have ordered from Norway here?
I`m from Norway, and are waiting to get my order I placed 24.12.07.
I`m wondering if it`s someone from there or Scandinavia who have ordered fom XoticPC before, and how long the time took from Lincoln Nebraska to Norway Oslo? And with the TAXES :idea:

SagerFan
01-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Now is it shiped :D

bjluv
02-23-2008, 11:03 PM
im planning to order a laptop from xoticpc, actually the asus g2s but I would like to know if it will come with the standard english keyboard or can i get the scandinavian keyboard??

SagerFan
02-24-2008, 01:17 PM
im planning to order a laptop from xoticpc, actually the asus g2s but I would like to know if it will come with the standard english keyboard or can i get the scandinavian keyboard??

You should ask Justin about that.
I didnt ask about the keyboard when i ordered, but it would be nice with an Norwegian one :)