PDA

View Full Version : [NP2090] Installed X-Fi drivers, card still unrecognized

ytrp
12-18-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm running Windows XP SP2 on a Sager NP2090 laptop (thank you XoticPC). To retrace my steps, I turned on my laptop, plugged in the express card, inserted the driver cd, installed the drivers, and then restarted my PC. Creative audio console appeared in my system tray, but when I when I double clicked on it, it told me that no audio device could be found. Windows recognizes that there is a PCI device plugged in, but it treats it generically by labeling it as an unknown PCI device (PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge) in the device manager.

I made sure to disable any possible conflicting devices, such as my integrated sound card, but still no luck. I downloaded the latest drivers off of Creative's website, but still the same issue occurred.

One interesting thing happened with the updated drivers from the website. I unplugged the card and tried to install the drivers, but it told me that no supported device could be found. Logically, I plugged the X-Fi card in and tried to install the drivers again. The installation progressed as expected, but after rebooting, the same issue persists.

Perhaps there is a windows service that I could have disabled that would prevent PCI express card type devices from properly communicating with their corresponding drivers?

I also updated my BIOS, but no luck.

Does anyone have an NP2090 and working X-Fi Notebook card installed? I would assume that they are functional together since the X-Fi is an upgrade option when you customize your laptop order on this website. Assistance is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Justin_W@XoticPC
12-18-2007, 10:08 AM
Please contact our technical support at 1-877-645-9312 or 1-800-741-2219 for further assistance :)