PDA

View Full Version : Custom Sager NP5791 question.

finalx233
12-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Hi,

First of all, let me say that I'm damn happy finding about XoticPC since it offers great notebooks at an incredible price compared to other brands like Alienware, Dell, Voodoo etc who charges you for unnecessary stuff.
I'll be shopping for a new notebook around mid to late January and I can't find something that attracts me like the Sager NP5791 does. The thing is that it's pretty expensive for a college student and I try to get the lowest price possible. Now what I want to ask is if it's possible to order the notebook without the memory and the hdd as I have already have those parts lying on my desk unused. If it's possible by how much would the price drop?

Thanks.

OregonCoastGamer
12-24-2007, 08:16 PM
I am graduating from high school and going on to college next year. I couldn't agree with you more on how great Xotic PC's prices are; you basically end up paying an extra thousand dollars for a brand name in most other cases. I recently ordered the Sager NP5792 for two reasons, I like to game and I also need a powerful notebook for college (Engineering software can be demanding). I would recommend the NP5792 over the NP5791 because of the mother board swap out issue, but if your needs aren't for power then I would point you in the direction of a 15.4" notebook.... a whole lot cheaper and more mobile. Also, if you are looking for a sweet deal check out the reseller thread in the forums. I believe that there is a NP5791 with accessories at $1000 dollars off.

finalx233
12-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the reply. But what motherboard swap out issue are you referring to? And yea I need a powerful notebook at a reasonable price and the reason why I chose the Sager NP5791 is that it's design is perfect, I just love how nice it looks compared to others. I'll be using it for Photo editing, Programming, Video editing, burning Dvds, Gaming, and multitasking is my main concern which is why I need this notebook because my desktop can't keep up anymore.Though I still need an answer to my main question which is if it's possible to order one without the memory and hdd.

OregonCoastGamer
12-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Ah, well then a 17" Laptop is probably the way to go... The situation with the NP5791 is that if you want to upgrade to the new 8800M GTX card, you need to get an expensive motherboard swap. Even if you don't want it now, you may want to upgrade in the future. I'm not sure if Xotic PC offers bare bone systems, but I am sure they will let you know.

http://www.xoticpcforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1886

This link has more info about the motherboard issue.

OregonCoastGamer
12-24-2007, 11:31 PM
Now that I think about it.... you may want to hold out until they put the 8800M GTX or 8800M GT in a 15.4" notebook. It will be around the $1000-$1500 price range I'm sure, and the only thing different will be a slightly smaller screen. It depends on how much your willing to spend really...

finalx233
12-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Oohh.. That won't be a problem since I'm not going to play games like Crysis and other high requirement games. I'll probably get a new desktop too in a few years when Nehalem will come out so the 8700M GT is perfectly fine for me.