PDA

View Full Version : NP5792 Review Coming Soon

OregonCoastGamer
12-28-2007, 08:38 PM
My new NP 5792 should be arriving sometime New Years week, and I will be sure to post a review as soon as possible :D . I configured it with pretty high specs, so I should be able to measure the full capacity of this baby 8) !

OregonCoastGamer
01-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Well.... it looks like my order is going to be delayed for a few days :( . Apparently my mom's credit card was only registered under our P.O. Box and not our residential address. Once I get everything cleared up, I will be waiting for another 3-7 days :lol: .

robamb2002
01-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Its a sweet system. These laptops smoke all my friends and families computers, laptop or desktop! Love it, Love it, Love it!

OregonCoastGamer
01-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Would it be possible for you to post some pictures of it and how it performs on a few games? I will be testing mine with most of the new games (Crysis, Bioshock, etc.) 8) .

robamb2002
01-02-2008, 04:01 PM
I thought of writing a review as well, but I've been too busy admiring the awesomeness of this beast! :D

OregonCoastGamer
01-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Curious if you have had any compatibility problems using the 64-bit version of the OS?

robamb2002
01-03-2008, 02:31 PM
I've been busy with hellgate and crysis recently (wow), however I did find that some "older" games gave me problems. Specifically Diablo 2 and Sims 2 would install but not run without "tweaking"

also a few of my apps needed to be updated. Mostly the obscure ones, avi converstion software etc. Notably, Norton antivirus needed updating. but once they start working its cake!

OregonCoastGamer
01-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Well thats good to hear :) . Oldest games I will be playing are 2004.... so it should be okay :wink: .

OregonCoastGamer
01-08-2008, 06:52 PM
UPS called today and said they are delivering the laptop tomorrow :D !!! I will try to get a review together over the weekend, which will include performance on many of todays newest game titles :wink: . If there are any games in particular that you would like to see, just let me know (chances are I probably have them).

Psycho
01-09-2008, 01:39 AM
I would be interested in seeing how The Witcher and Gothic 3 run. Also if you could get Assasins Creed, once it's released, let ne know how it runs on the laptop.

Thanks

OregonCoastGamer
01-12-2008, 04:25 PM
I just sent an email request to do a review for the NP5792 on www.notebookreview.com. So far I have tested Crysis, Quake Wars, and WoW (List of other games to test include Oblivion, CoD4, FEAR, Bioshock, and NWN2). I have calculated the battery life for both heavy and light apps, and also the boot time. I will be responding to many peoples questions about the speakers, and also the keypad, fingerprint reader, touchpad, webcam, and heat related issues. All I can say at the moment is that you will not be disappointed with your NP5792 and the new nVidia 8800M GTX. I am enjoying every moment with this beautifully crafted laptop and in my mind it was money well spent. I will keep you posted on when I get the review online, but until then I will continue to test this beast to its full capacity.

(P.S. I have not gotten the Witcher yet, but I do have Gothic 3-although the game itself is so buggy I doubt it will be an accurate statement of this computers power)

kpauls
01-14-2008, 03:51 PM
OregonCoastGamer, have you been able to get the PowerMizer nvidia feature to work? Which operating system did you choose?

OregonCoastGamer
01-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Im on Vista Home Premium 64-bit, but havent tried mizer yet. I get good enough performance already, but I'll let you know if I give it a try.