General Questions

1) What is your budget?
1500$

2) What size notebook would you prefer?

c. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
d. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

3) What country are you buying this in?
Mexico

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Not really.

5) What tasks will you be performing with the notebook?
Mostly Gaming and using design software like Photoshop, Flash, Maya and ZBrush.

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places or leaving it on your desk?
Most of the time It will be on my desk. I'll take it to class if needed.

7) Will you be playing games on it; if so, which games?
I'm an avid gamer so I tend to buy new games every now and then. I have been playing: Battleforge, Company of Heroes, Dawn of War, Half-Life 2, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, Prince of Persia, Unreal Tournament 3.

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
I don't really need a lot of battery life since It will be most of the time plugged.

9) Do you mind buying online without seeing the notebook in person?
Not really.

10) What OS do you prefer? (more details below)

-Windows XP Home SP3
-Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit or 64-Bit

I don't really mind the OS either. I have used both and only found XP a little faster at startup.

Screen Specifics

11) From the choices below, what screen resolutions would you prefer? (more details below)

Widescreen
d. WXGA or WXGA+ - 1280x768/800 or 1440x900; Wider viewing version of XGA, good for movie viewing or spreadsheets.
e. WSXGA+ - 1680x1050; Wider viewing version of SXGA, good for movie viewing or spreadsheets.
f. WUXGA - 1920x1200; Wider viewing version of UXGA, good for movie viewing or spreadsheets.

I have been using 1440x900 for a while, but I don't really mind. As long as it runs the games well :P

12) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non glossy screen?

Glossy is fine.

Build Quality and Design

13) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
Not really. I consider a good design as a plus.

14) When are you buying this laptop and how long do you want this laptop to last?
Around 3 years I guess. I'm aware that by that time it won't probably run newer games on high.

Notebook Components

15) How much hard drive space do you want; 80GB, 160GB, 250GB, 320GB, 500GB, 1TB, or 1.5TB?

160 GB+ Since I already have an external drive.

16) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, CD/DVD Burner or Blu-Ray drive?
CD/DVD Burner

17) What speed CPU/Processor would you like? Dual core or Quad Core CPU?
I'd say Dual-core to match with my budget.

I just had my laptop's 1.5 years old GPU (Nvidia 8600M) die on me, so I'm almost completely sure that I will have to buy a new one instead of replacing it. It is an HP Laptop. I gave up already on getting the GPU replaced.

Besides, I could use the upgrade. :P

I did browse a little and found these three interesting:

MSI GT627-218 (http://www.xoticpc.com/msi-gt627-218-p-2555.html)
MSI GT725-074 (http://www.xoticpc.com/msi-gt725074-p-2551.html)
SAGER NP8662 (http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8662-built-clevo-m860tu-p-2564.html)

Thanks!

powerpack
06-07-2009, 02:48 AM
Say a little more? I mean post something at least?

Demokk
06-07-2009, 02:50 AM
Sorry, I did post all the info but it looks like the thread bugged.

I'll repost it again in a sec.

General Questions

1) What is your budget?
1500$

Mexico

Not really.

Mostly Gaming and working with design software like Photoshop, Maya, Flash and ZBrush.

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places or leaving it on your desk?
It will be on my desk most of the time. I'll take it to class if needed.

I'm an avid gamer. I tend to buy games every now and then. I have been recently playing: Battleforge, Company of Heroes, Dawn of War, Half-Life 2, Left 4 Dead, Prince of Persia, World of Warcraft, Unreal Tournament 3.

I don't really need much battery life since I can have it plugged in most of the time.

Not really.

-Windows XP Home SP3
I don't really mind. I have used both and only found XP a little faster on startup.

Screen Specifics

11) From the choices below, what screen resolutions would you prefer? (more details below)
Widescreen
d. WXGA or WXGA+ - 1280x768/800 or 1440x900; Wider viewing version of XGA, good for movie viewing or spreadsheets.
e. WSXGA+ - 1680x1050; Wider viewing version of SXGA, good for movie viewing or spreadsheets.
f. WUXGA - 1920x1200; Wider viewing version of UXGA, good for movie viewing or spreadsheets.
I have been using 1440x900, but I don't really mind; as long as it runs the games well :P

I think glossy is fine.

Build Quality and Design

14) When are you buying this laptop and how long do you want this laptop to last?
Around 3 years if possible. I'm aware that by that time it won't run newer games as well.

Notebook Components

15) How much hard drive space do you want; 80GB, 160GB, 250GB, 320GB, 500GB, 1TB, or 1.5TB?

160GB + since I already have an external USB drive.

16) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, CD/DVD Burner or Blu-Ray drive?
CD/DVD Burner

Dual-Core since it is best suited for my budget I think.

I did browse a little and found these three laptops interesting:

SAGER NP8662 (http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8662-built-clevo-m860tu-p-2564.html)

Thanks!

Hope that this time my post does not bug again.

Demokk
06-07-2009, 03:01 AM
General Questions

1) What is your budget?
1500$

Mexico

Not really.

Mostly Gaming and working with design software like Photoshop, Maya, Flash and ZBrush.

I'm an avid gamer. I tend to buy games every now and then. I have been recently playing: Battleforge, Company of Heroes, Dawn of War, Half-Life 2, Left 4 Dead, Prince of Persia, World of Warcraft, Unreal Tournament 3.

I don't really need much battery life since I can have it plugged in most of the time.

Not really.

-Windows XP Home SP3
I don't really mind. I have used both and only found XP a little faster on startup.

Screen Specifics

Widescreen
I have been using 1440x900, but I don't really mind; as long as it runs the games well :P

I think glossy is fine.

Build Quality and Design

Around 3 years if possible. I'm aware that by that time it won't run newer games as well.

Notebook Components

CD/DVD Burner

Thanks!

Demokk
06-07-2009, 03:05 AM
Something tells me that formating the text is causing my post to somehow get deleted.

Let me try again:

General Questions

1) What is your budget?
1500$

Mexico

Not really.

Not really.

-Windows XP Home SP3

Screen Specifics

Widescreen

I think glossy is fine.

Build Quality and Design

Notebook Components

CD/DVD Burner

Thanks!

Demokk
06-07-2009, 03:06 AM
Somehow when I put all the copy-paste on my posts they disappear instantly.

I already sent a message to an administrator.

EDIT: I'm going to try posting on another browser to see if that fixes the problem.

Demokk
06-07-2009, 03:12 AM
General Questions

1) What is your budget?
1500$

Mexico

Not really. I had a Nvidia 8600M GS die on my laptop, but after I researched a bit I found that the chip that came with those GPU were faulty.

Not really.

-Windows XP Home SP3

Screen Specifics

Widescreen

I think glossy is fine.

Build Quality and Design

Notebook Components

CD/DVD Burner

MSI GT627-218
MSI GT725-074
SAGER NP8662

Thanks!

Hope that this time my post does not bug again. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

powerpack
06-07-2009, 03:36 AM
I would look at Asus on this site? I would look at the Sager's if maybe your budget has a little room? Best of luck. The MSI are a great value?