PDA

View Full Version : Msi gt729

kuzzle
07-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Will XoticPC be taking pre-orders for the new MSI GT729 laptop soon? I see a few other sites are taking pre-orders on them, but I'd rather order one though you guys. :cool:

Justin@XoticPC
07-19-2009, 09:55 PM
We launched them for Pre Order this weekend. ETA is Middle August. :)
MSI GT729-WSXGA
MSI GT729-WUXGA
MSI GT628

You can view them here:

http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-laptops-notebooks-laptops-ct-95_51_165.html

powerpack
07-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Way to go Justin! I looked earlier today did not see but if now cool. To OP Xotic seems to get all, MSI, Sager and Asus they just seem to wait until they know. Good for us and bravo for Xotic!

huskermatt
08-13-2009, 07:10 PM
We launched them for Pre Order this weekend. ETA is Middle August. :)
MSI GT729-WSXGA
MSI GT729-WUXGA
MSI GT628

You can view them here:

http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-laptops-notebooks-laptops-ct-95_51_165.html

Since it's almost Mid August now, any updates on this release date?

Thanks

jeff_gchrist
08-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I'd like to know too.

We're getting into LATE August now and we haven't heard much about these release dates.

I'll be really disappointed if I don't get my GT-628 before school starts up again because I REALLY need to use the laptop for school.

frank633
08-25-2009, 06:45 PM
I've read that it's supposed to come late august to mid-september...(that's the ETA I read from another reseller). I'm sad too about that since this is gonna be my school notebook too... anyway... I guess it's worth the wait... Some confirmation from XoticPc would be nive though :P I was about to order a clevo M860TU from a canadian reseller, but I read this one hasn't got such a good CS... so I came back to my first choice, the MSI GT729 which I'd buy here.

jeff_gchrist
08-27-2009, 12:52 PM
I got confirmation from xotic and they said the current ETA from MSI is now early/mid September. EXTREMELY disappointing and worrying.

Come on MSI, I was looking around online at articles regarding the 628, and it was originally supposed to be out in April/May...

Pushing out the release date again isn't giving me the best perception of them. Really not pleased with MSI right now.

frank633
08-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Same for me... I mean... it doesn't give a good image of the company if they keep pushing the release date while it's already out in Europe... what's so different in america....

powerpack
08-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Those are very good questions. I am not ontop of this in anyway but does sound odd. I wonder, Justin has MSI given any indication as to why? While still frustrating if a supply issue would feel better than if design issues.

jeff_gchrist
08-28-2009, 11:53 AM
No, Justin didn't indicate to me what the reason was. Frank made a good point as to why it's released in EU and not in NA.

amdolev
08-29-2009, 08:49 AM
Why do I need to pay 150$ for an upgrade from vista-32 to vista-64? In almost all other laptops I can choose between the 2 versions w/o extra cost. The software itself costs the same too!

powerpack
08-29-2009, 09:39 AM
Why do I need to pay 150$ for an upgrade from vista-32 to vista-64? In almost all other laptops I can choose between the 2 versions w/o extra cost. The software itself costs the same too!Talk to MSI it is their price structure. You used to able to get the 64bit upgrade for like $10 on your own. While the MSI's and Asus offer some upgrade options cost can be prohibitive. It seems to me that they are offering a high production performance at great value and when any have to be pulled of the high volume line they charge. It is clearly a different production model than Sagers/Clevo/Compal/Force.

Ozofriendly
08-29-2009, 07:00 PM
Justin,

Rob at RK posted these to the MSI board at NBR:

Originally Posted by KerricK
Can you confirm this, please? My reseller told me there won't be Q9000+WUXGA version, for MSI has problem with LCD panel availability shortage. That's why he suggested me to get the P8700+WSXGA version, since it would take quite some time (min. 2 months) before Q9000+WUXGA version becomes available for US market.

You are correct the WUXGA version is not available and there is no eta if it will become available in the US.

and...

Originally Posted by nacr05
Thats weird, I was told Mid September for both versions.. Odd...

It was mid-september and then that model was removed, only the GT729-248US is available now.

I pre-ordered this model from you a week or so ago, and now I'm a bit concerned that the model may never appear. Any reassurances you can give me - now that you have accepted my payment for the pre-order - would be most appreciated.

amdolev
08-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Talk to MSI it is their price structure. You used to able to get the 64bit upgrade for like $10 on your own.

yeah, well, in any order, vista-64 in any other store costs 99-117$ when you get no OS at all... i just don't get the extra 25$...

amdolev
08-31-2009, 04:27 PM
I have another question then... is it possible to use the coupon to get the upgrade from vista-32 to w7-64? in that case i won't mind using the vista 32 for a couple of months then.
I don't mind the clean installation needed too...

Kurozakix
09-01-2009, 07:20 AM
Hey I plan on buying this in a month or so but I wanted to know can I still order this even tho im in UK? or do you only provide services for USA.
And do you guys have a pay pal payment option I normally don't buy anything from out of UK but it costs 1200 pounds here whilst the MSI GT729 WUXGA (http://www.xoticpc.com/gt729-wuxga-order-p-2632.html) only cost 1000 pounds here so im decide to buy it from here =p I really hope you do provide services for over country's over than USA>.<
Err btw? why doesnt this website already have the laptop i mean even UK has it out already http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/MSI_GT729-253BK-E_Laptop_GT729-253BK-E/version.asp

Kurozakix
09-01-2009, 08:14 AM
Nvm mind deleting this post e,e

Ozofriendly
09-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Hi Justin,

Following the few threads on NBR discussing the GT729, there seems to be some concensus that GT729 will not ship with a WUXGA panel to America.
One poster claims to have been notified of this directly by MSI NA.

I'm sure you guys know your business - and MSI - very well, but for those of us who have pre-ordered or are thinking of pre-ordering the WUXGA GT729 from you (as advertised), some reassurance that the model will actually arrive would be welcome.

robo21
09-11-2009, 02:21 PM
BUMP

I preordered this baby in late august...still nothing on the release date as of today. Justin can you help ease our minds on something regarding a release date or the production of this laptop?

Justin@XoticPC
09-11-2009, 02:35 PM
There is no info on a release. I have to be honest that there have been rumors floating around that this model may not come out with Calpella right around the corner. This is only a rumor and not confirmed. TBH MSI is not on top of their ETA's and provides little to no updates. Not to mention they keep missing ETA's one after another.