PDA

View Full Version : NP8690 Pre-order phase!

prophetaxxi
10-01-2009, 10:29 AM
If you have pre-ordered the NP8690 post here and let us know your current phase!

New status: Phase 1 (Pending Parts or Item Arrival) :yes:

jennings786
10-01-2009, 10:37 AM
I am still in the awaiting payment stage though I got an email from paypal saying payment has gone through:smile2:

Scratch that email at 1:34 PM New status: Phase 1 (Pending Parts or Item Arrival)

fallenxlionheart
10-01-2009, 12:58 PM
cant wait to see some reviews on this thing

GIG.AD
10-02-2009, 02:14 AM
Cograts man!
Yes we need a full review....BAD!

notsure770
10-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Yeah! Congrats.

The 8690 is going to be my Xmas present to myself.... :laugh:

I'm replacing a 2006 Dell E1705... and will be used primarily for gaming, and home office stuff. It will be nice to game with the options off of LOW or off for a change.

The 1705 specs:

Processor: Intel T2500 2.0GHz Core Duo
Motherboard Chipset: Intel Calistoga i945GM/PM
Hard Drive: 100GB 7200RPM SATA (Hitachi TraveStar)
Memory/RAM: 2GB (1,024MB) Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM (667MHz)
Screen: 17.0" UXGA TrueLife (1900 x 1200 pixel resolution glossy screen)
Graphics: ATI Mobility X1400 256MB

vanfanel
10-02-2009, 09:21 PM
in waiting mode as well :)

Phase 1 (Pending Parts or Item Arrival)

powerpack
10-02-2009, 09:39 PM
notsure you better go out and buy a seatbelt for your new machine it will fly, it will so crush your DeLL. All good comes to those who wait and I think you are gonna be blown away by this notebook. Congrats.

My 14 crushes your DeLL and this more than crushes mine.

I am looking at this model myself. The i7 looks so great! If a 14 comes out I would jump.

notsure770
10-02-2009, 10:38 PM
notsure you better go out and buy a seatbelt for your new machine it will fly, it will so crush your DeLL. All good comes to those who wait and I think you are gonna be blown away by this notebook. Congrats.

My 14 crushes your DeLL and this more than crushes mine.

I am looking at this model myself. The i7 looks so great! If a 14 comes out I would jump.

A seat belt would be a good problem to have... :biggrin: I can't wait to be honest. ... I had to shelve L4D and Fallout, plus several other recent games I received as gifts due to lack of horsepower. Oh, the joy!

My main game was WOW... which I had to run with pretty much everything turned off... especially for raids. I have never seen the game with anything other than min graphics... /cries

amdolev
10-03-2009, 03:48 PM
My main game was WOW... which I had to run with pretty much everything turned off... especially for raids. I have never seen the game with anything other than min graphics... /cries

I'll have to replay so many games just to see how they're supposed to look like :D

btw
Does anyone know which CPU was used to get the 3dmark scores in the parliminary tests?

powerpack
10-03-2009, 03:58 PM
I can't find that info but since every i7 I have seen tested has been the 820QM I would guess that is it.

vanfanel
10-03-2009, 04:15 PM
got you guys beat. My 8690 will be replacing my very old sager 5690 running a mobility radeon 9700. The last game I"ve played on it was TF2 and that runs at very slow resolutions at about 15-20 fps lol. Be nice to see how that game is suppose to look.

amdolev
10-04-2009, 01:48 PM
I can't find that info but since every i7 I have seen tested has been the 820QM I would guess that is it.

I found only reviews with the 8790 using 920... =\

powerpack
10-04-2009, 01:54 PM
I could be wrong.

prophetaxxi
10-05-2009, 11:20 AM
I'll have to replay so many games just to see how they're supposed to look like :D

:yes: oh yeah! For sure!

krforrester
10-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Good news. Justin posted on notebookreviews.com that orders should start shipping next week. :D

prophetaxxi
10-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Good news. Justin posted on notebookreviews.com that orders should start shipping next week. :D

NIIICE!!! :notworthy

vanfanel
10-05-2009, 04:20 PM

Next week? or this week? I thought he said the first orders will be shipping before friday 10/9/09

krforrester
10-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Next week? or this week? I thought he said the first orders will be shipping before friday 10/9/09

Hmm, good question. Here is what he posted Sunday:

"Shipments will be starting next week and surely you will see some reviews of this machine including screen brightness. NBR will surely be doing a review on both models.
Custom Sager/Clevo (http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-latops-tablets-clevo-sager-laptops-ct-95_51_162.html), ASUS (http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-latops-tablets-asus-laptops-ct-95_51_163.html), Compal (http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-latops-tablets-compal-laptops-ct-95_51_173.html)& MSI (http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-latops-tablets-laptops-ct-95_51_165.html) Laptops"

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=422882

prophetaxxi
10-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Here's a review on the Clevo W860, I believe the unit reviewed has a 260m GPU, thought some of you guys would want to have look at it anyways...

Just use google translate:

http://www.notebookjournal.de/tests/notebook-review-mysn-xmg6--clevo-w860cu--1008/2

Fears of short battery life on this system seems to be true, not that it concerns me so check it out.

Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gykAQ3j65k&feature=player_embedded)Video link

vanfanel
10-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Here's a review on the Clevo W860, I believe the unit reviewed has a 260m GPU, thought some of you guys would want to have look at it anyways...

Just use google translate:

http://www.notebookjournal.de/tests/notebook-review-mysn-xmg6--clevo-w860cu--1008/2

Fears of short battery life on this system seems to be true, not that it concerns me so check it out.

Also check out their videos of the W860. Check out the last 3 videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/notebookjournal

prophetaxxi
10-06-2009, 02:28 PM
New status: Phase 2 (Sent for Custom Building / Testing / Burn In & Final QA) 3-7 Business Days

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

vanfanel
10-06-2009, 02:33 PM
New status: Phase 2 (Sent for Custom Building / Testing / Burn In & Final QA) 3-7 Business Days

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

sweet! Hopefully mine will get to phase 2 soon as well. I preordered as soon as the nda was lifted so I hope I'm near the top of the queue :laugh:

jennings786
10-06-2009, 02:39 PM

Wohoo!!:biggrin:

amdolev
10-06-2009, 03:18 PM

Wohoo!!:biggrin:

Same here!!
Wow, excitment about this laptop has truely reached new hightes. Does anyone recall a similar franzy?

prophetaxxi
10-07-2009, 08:21 AM
Re: Check out the Sager NP8690 (W860CU) - Intel i7 Calpella - It's here! The advantage of pre order is being some of the first to get the laptop. The first batch it not expected to sell out as far as we know right now. You can always get a cash discount on whatever balance you pay in cash. Multiple payment methods are welcomed. http://forum.notebookreview.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
Custom Sager/Clevo (http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-latops-tablets-clevo-sager-laptops-ct-95_51_162.html), ASUS (http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-latops-tablets-asus-laptops-ct-95_51_163.html), Compal (http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-latops-tablets-compal-laptops-ct-95_51_173.html)& MSI (http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-latops-tablets-laptops-ct-95_51_165.html) Laptops
So there's a lot of talk about the NP8690 (W860CU) on many online forums and yet only 3 of us (as far as I know) have pre-ordered the system here @ xoticpc! According to Justin's post on notebookreview.com (quoted) the first batch for this model it's not expected to sell out fast...my guess is ...there's a lot of interest on the W870CU and perhaps other notebooks coming with the i7 in the coming up months?:eeek2:

krforrester
10-07-2009, 08:44 AM
So there's a lot of talk about the NP8690 (W860CU) on many online forums and yet only 3 of us (as far as I know) have pre-ordered the system here @ xoticpc! According to Justin's post on notebookreview.com (quoted) the first batch for this model it's not expected to sell out fast...my guess is ...there's a lot of interest on the W870CU and perhaps other notebooks coming with the i7 in the coming up months?:eeek2:

Why would you think only 3 people pre-ordered? There are only 3 people that posted in this thread that they reached the next phase and there are others, such as myself, who pre-ordered (no next phase yet for me).

I have also seen multiple posts on other message boards that people were ordering immediately.

prophetaxxi
10-07-2009, 08:56 AM
Why would you think only 3 people pre-ordered? There are only 3 people that posted in this thread that they reached the next phase and there are others, such as myself, who pre-ordered (no next phase yet for me).

I have also seen multiple posts on other message boards that people were ordering immediately.

"3 people as far as I know" if you haven't posted on this thread (xotitpc forum member) I will not assume you have pre-ordered.. off course I know there are more people out there...

vanfanel
10-07-2009, 09:08 AM
updated mine as well:

pernicus
10-08-2009, 09:47 AM
I pre ordered as well.

Justin_W@XoticPC
10-08-2009, 03:01 PM
To those that have pre-ordered this notebook, I'd recommend starting an "Owner's Lounge" thread here in our owner's lounge section (http://xoticpcforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19).

prophetaxxi
10-08-2009, 05:31 PM
I pre ordered as well.

What's your status mate? Regards.:wink2:

jennings786
10-09-2009, 09:25 AM
update this morning!!!

New status: Phase 4 (Order Shipped)

The waiting is the hardest part:smile2:

vanfanel
10-09-2009, 09:26 AM
woohoo!

New status: Phase 4 (Order Shipped)

prophetaxxi
10-09-2009, 10:20 AM
:laugh: New status: Phase 4 (Order Shipped) :laugh: Scheduled delivery for 10/13 :notworthy

krforrester
10-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Mine has been shipped as well!

programjunkie
10-09-2009, 02:45 PM
It is here. I am getting it setup as we speak. First impressions to follow in a bit.

prophetaxxi
10-09-2009, 04:19 PM
It is here. I am getting it setup as we speak. First impressions to follow in a bit.

Lucky bastard! :) won't you start a thread for the NP8690 @ the owners lounge and post some of your first impressions + pics?

programjunkie
10-10-2009, 01:52 AM
Lucky bastard! :) won't you start a thread for the NP8690 @ the owners lounge and post some of your first impressions + pics?

Some first impressions posted.

Link:
http://www.xoticpcforums.com/showpost.php?p=19878&postcount=3

GIG.AD
10-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Congrats bro!:biggrin:
Seems this laptop is great right off the bat.
Can you post some temps when gaming?
Do you think the 1600x900 screen would be a better fit for this laptop?
How is the overall screen quality?
Would help out a lot.

programjunkie
10-11-2009, 06:13 AM
Congrats bro!:biggrin:
Seems this laptop is great right off the bat.
Can you post some temps when gaming?

After a couple hours straight of gaming:
CPU 60 C on exiting / 74 max
GPU 60 C on exiting / 73 max

It cools itself fairly fast. In the time it took to write this post, the GPU cooled over 10 degrees and the CPU about 5 degrees.

Do you think the 1600x900 screen would be a better fit for this laptop?I think it depends. The 1080 screen gives incredible resolution for games, which is awesome.

How is the overall screen quality?Good.

ChinNoobonic
10-11-2009, 03:43 PM
After a couple hours straight of gaming:
CPU 60 C on exiting / 74 max
GPU 60 C on exiting / 73 max

It cools itself fairly fast. In the time it took to write this post, the GPU cooled over 10 degrees and the CPU about 5 degrees.

I think it depends. The 1080 screen gives incredible resolution for games, which is awesome.

Good.

Are there any options in the bios for overclocking?

powerpack
10-11-2009, 04:06 PM
No not going to happen.

GIG.AD
10-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Can't you disable hyperthreading in the BIOS to give all 4 cores a boost?

powerpack
10-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Can't you disable hyperthreading in the BIOS to give all 4 cores a boost?Good point! I don't know that. I don't have so how would I. HTT is a mixed bag it helps on many apps and slightly hurts on others. Gamers do not like. I have to buy an i7 to find out.

doulikefishsticks?
10-12-2009, 07:45 AM
i'm still in the awaiting payment stage. Message from my bank says the money's gone but no update on my Xotic account yet. AARARRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

pernicus
10-12-2009, 08:18 AM
What's your status mate? Regards.:wink2:
pending payment...damn bank sent me a new set of checkbooks after my backpack/laptop/checkbook was stolen but in their infinite wisdom the checks they sent me the first time were #'s that had already been canceled...so I had to wait till they sent me more checks to send payment....end result I just mailed payment last wednesday for something I pre-ordered the day it show'd on the site :rolleyes:

pernicus
10-12-2009, 08:19 AM
does the bios on this one allow you to enable/disable HT'ing?

also does it allow you access to the base clock to downclock it for battery life when sitting in class etc?

prophetaxxi
10-12-2009, 08:37 AM
pending payment...damn bank sent me a new set of checkbooks after my backpack/laptop/checkbook was stolen but in their infinite wisdom the checks they sent me the first time were #'s that had already been canceled...so I had to wait till they sent me more checks to send payment....end result I just mailed payment last wednesday for something I pre-ordered the day it show'd on the site :rolleyes:

:eek: oh no that sucks! Patience is a virtue my friend! Hang in there!

GIG.AD
10-13-2009, 02:41 AM
does the bios on this one allow you to enable/disable HT'ing?

also does it allow you access to the base clock to downclock it for battery life when sitting in class etc?

It was mentioned in the reviews I have read but until one of use actualy gets some hands on experience we won't know for sure but from all the research I have done, Yes.
It does have a silent mode to save battery life.

prophetaxxi
10-13-2009, 12:06 PM
EDIT: Turns out I will be returning my system for a replacement ..oh well... Thanks for your help Justin and please expedite this order!!!!!!

GIG.AD
10-13-2009, 04:33 PM
How was the 1600x900 screen before you return it?

Devari
10-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Man I hope that doesn't happen to mine, sorry to hear that. I got switched into this model after the model I ordered initially(8662@1920x1080) had screens issues which then had to be canceled because that screen/model was being discontinued. I'd hate to go from one screen issue to another. I'd wish you luck on the expedition, but I would hope Sager would take the time to do it right this time.

prophetaxxi
10-13-2009, 05:22 PM
How was the 1600x900 screen before you return it?

I must say it looks gorgeous...for the first hour I actually thought it to be 1920 X 1080, that's how nice it looked! Just ran GoW maxed out , looks awesome! But since I have a BR optical drive I do need the FHD...one can't go wrong with 1600 X 900...but the $60 upgrade it's definitely worth in my opinion...it sucks now that sager said that they won't have any FHD screens in stock till mid next week...so I'm looking at another 2 weeks without me baby...I still have the system, what I did (Justin did) was actually place an advanced RMA replacement (I think that's what they call it, I may be wrong though) so this way they can start building the new system right away. (if it wasn't for the FHD being out of stock) I shall return the system received today sometime next week...anyway so far I can say that I love everything about this notebook! Keyboard feels great! This machine rocks solid! if it only had my FHD screen...

bankcl
10-13-2009, 11:31 PM
I must say it looks gorgeous...for the first hour I actually thought it to be 1920 X 1080, that's how nice it looked! Just ran GoW maxed out , looks awesome! But since I have a BR optical drive I do need the FHD...one can't go wrong with 1600 X 900...but the $60 upgrade it's definitely worth in my opinion...it sucks now that sager said that they won't have any FHD screens in stock till mid next week...so I'm looking at another 2 weeks without me baby...I still have the system, what I did (Justin did) was actually place an advanced RMA replacement (I think that's what they call it, I may be wrong though) so this way they can start building the new system right away. (if it wasn't for the FHD being out of stock) I shall return the system received today sometime next week...anyway so far I can say that I love everything about this notebook! Keyboard feels great! This machine rocks solid! if it only had my FHD screen...

Hopefully, it's not happen to me. :notworthy

GIG.AD
10-14-2009, 04:11 AM

That's great to hear!:D
Can you do me a huge favor and run VANTAGE and 3DMARK06 benchmarks and post them here before you return it. Please!
I have seen the benchmarks with the higher res screen and wonder what you would get with the lower res screen.
Personally I was thinking of getting the lower res screen just to get better performance and FPS in games.
Now I know this is going against what most people would do but for me the 1600x900 would be easier on the eyes for me with text and I am not getting the BR player for it ( that's what my PS3 slim is for;)).
Games always look much better in a screens native res and if the 1600x900 screen looks just as good as the 1920x1080 (overall quality/brightness) and offers any significant performance gain in games it would be good to know.
Help a brother out:wink2:

prophetaxxi
10-14-2009, 08:40 AM
That's great to hear!:D
Can you do me a huge favor and run VANTAGE and 3DMARK06 benchmarks and post them here before you return it. Please!
I have seen the benchmarks with the higher res screen and wonder what you would get with the lower res screen.
Personally I was thinking of getting the lower res screen just to get better performance and FPS in games.
Now I know this is going against what most people would do but for me the 1600x900 would be easier on the eyes for me with text and I am not getting the BR player for it ( that's what my PS3 slim is for;)).
Games always look much better in a screens native res and if the 1600x900 screen looks just as good as the 1920x1080 (overall quality/brightness) and offers any significant performance gain in games it would be good to know.
Help a brother out:wink2:

Give me sometime and I will post the results here hopefully by the end of the week! Busy week at work! :eeek2:

GIG.AD
10-15-2009, 03:19 AM
Great and can't wait.
Thanks bro:wideeyed:

doulikefishsticks?
10-15-2009, 07:55 AM
who's ready to see this machine rip a whole in those unsuspecting terrorist fools?
COD4MW2 BABY!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!!

prophetaxxi
10-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Here are some benchmarks (ran it 2 X @ 1600x900 res) and some pics of the screen for those who had questions and concerns. HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF3JfA3BgVQ) here's a short youtube video showing Crysis maxed out @ 1600x900, pretty decent!

Sorry, no high resolution pics here, had to use my iphone :smile2:

Overall I don't think anyone would be disappointed with the native 1600x900,I did run benchmarks @ 1280x800 and score was 12845.

Hope this helps!

pernicus
10-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Phase 2 (Sent for Custom Building / Testing / Burn In & Final QA) 3-7 Business Days)

amdolev
10-15-2009, 05:51 PM
did anyone else get the 1600X900 instead of the 1900X1080?

GIG.AD
10-15-2009, 11:06 PM
Not yet!
The short video posted shows that the 1600x900 screen is very good and if you want to gain a few extra FPS in games at native resolution( games always look much better) that's the way to go.
The only reason to get the 1920x1080 is for to watch movies in FHD but on a 15.6" screen what's the point!:rolleyes:
Look if want to watch BR movies I use my new PS3 slim on my 55" Samsung.
But hey that's just me:wink2:

doulikefishsticks?
10-16-2009, 06:30 AM
Anyone know anything about the graphics card upgradeability with this system? When configuring the laptop, theres a comment in brackets beside the GTX280M tab that says (user upgradeable).
Does it mean we can only upgrade to any other nvidia graphics card using the MXM 3.0 chipset?
if so that's not gonna give many options for future upscaling.

pernicus
10-18-2009, 11:24 PM
i just noticed they are now offering the 8690 in 620gb HDD....if it hasn't shipped yet is it too late to upgrade? :cool:

powerpack
10-18-2009, 11:27 PM
i just noticed they are now offering the 8690 in 620gb HDD....if it hasn't shipped yet is it too late to upgrade? :cool:I know the cutoff is prior to shipping but do not know exactly when. I suggest calling Xotic first thing tomorrow.;)

Devari
10-19-2009, 01:18 AM
I know the cutoff is prior to shipping but do not know exactly when. I suggest calling Xotic first thing tomorrow.;)

As Prophet noted a page or so earlier, there are some displays that are delayed, so if your order was done late enough, it could be possible.

pernicus
10-20-2009, 04:21 PM
New status: Phase 1 (Pending Parts or Item Arrival)

Sager has experienced an unfortunate delay from Clevo on the NP8690. Sager has estimated the arrival of their shipment for the 1st week of November from Clevo.

:mad2:

doulikefishsticks?
10-21-2009, 11:04 AM

Sager has experienced an unfortunate delay from Clevo on the NP8690. Sager has estimated the arrival of their shipment for the 1st week of November from Clevo.

It seems we're in the same boat. My order status went backwards from phase 2 to phase 1...What the hell happened? Did they dismantle my laptop and decide to start over? AAAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

pernicus
10-21-2009, 01:36 PM
the best part is the other option the g51 they said they've received so many orders for that it would take just as long to get that one

It seems we're in the same boat. My order status went backwards from phase 2 to phase 1...What the hell happened? Did they dismantle my laptop and decide to start over? AAAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

bisfrim
10-21-2009, 07:33 PM
I received my Sager today and whenever the computer starts, it starts making some loud beeping noise and shuts down automatically. So i contacted sager and they told me to check if the two fans underneath the laptop is running. The right one did, but the left one wan't. I was told the noise was the laptop being overheated due to one of the fans not working..
Now i got to send it back and wait. SUcks

BooRadLey
10-22-2009, 12:59 AM

Yay I not the only one!

prophetaxxi
10-22-2009, 07:32 AM
I received my Sager today and whenever the computer starts, it starts making some loud beeping noise and shuts down automatically. So i contacted sager and they told me to check if the two fans underneath the laptop is running. The right one did, but the left one wan't. I was told the noise was the laptop being overheated due to one of the fans not working..
Now i got to send it back and wait. SUcks

Wow...that sucks big time man...Didn't they have you try and troubleshoot the fan? maybe it's a bad connection? I would suggest trying that over the phone with Sager before having to return the whole system! :wideeyed: Unless you're not comfortable with it...

amdolev
10-22-2009, 07:32 AM
I don't mean to dance on the grave ...but all this makes me feel glad mine was pre-ordered. It was very important for me to get tha laptop before November.

prophetaxxi
10-22-2009, 08:11 AM
So it turns out that my trip overseas is upon me (Nov 1st) and my 8690 replacement won't make it on time due to shortage of FHD screens...therefore I have decided to go with the 8760 being that the system is in stock and ready for production! Primarily the 8760 was one of my options as well...I don't mind carrying the extra pound...and I could use the FHD 17.3 screen as well a second HD! anyways...wanted to you guys know. : ):biggrin:

bisfrim
10-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Wow...that sucks big time man...Didn't they have you try and troubleshoot the fan? maybe it's a bad connection? I would suggest trying that over the phone with Sager before having to return the whole system! :wideeyed: Unless you're not comfortable with it...

Well they tried helping me troubleshoot it by pressing the Fn + 1 on the keyboard, but that didn't turn it on. And they told me they can send me a new fan only if i fell confortable replacing it, and since this was an expensive notebook, i don't wanna risk anything so i had to send it in today

prophetaxxi
10-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Well they tried helping me troubleshoot it by pressing the Fn + 1 on the keyboard, but that didn't turn it on. And they told me they can send me a new fan only if i fell confortable replacing it, and since this was an expensive notebook, i don't wanna risk anything so i had to send it in today

Hey man...I hear you, it would've been an easy swap though! Anyways....good things come for those who wait...but waiting suckssss!:biggrin:

Devari
10-23-2009, 03:31 AM
Hey man...I hear you, it would've been an easy swap though! Anyways....good things come for those who wait...but waiting suckssss!:biggrin:

Yes it does... I started on the 8662 which was delayed and then canceled because they stopped making the 1920 screen for it, and then changed into this one... Assuming no more delays, I might actually see a laptop 2 months after my original order :(.

doulikefishsticks?
10-23-2009, 06:13 AM
i got a deep sinking suspicion that sager's estimate of 1st week in november is complete BS. Although i could be wrong, and im hoping i am, i fear the same scenario with the sager np9280 is about to be repeated. We might not be seeing anything till early december.

pernicus
11-02-2009, 09:45 AM
i got a deep sinking suspicion that sager's estimate of 1st week in november is complete BS. Although i could be wrong, and im hoping i am, i fear the same scenario with the sager np9280 is about to be repeated. We might not be seeing anything till early december.
+1

will this make it 10 characters?

amdolev
11-03-2009, 04:36 PM
does anyone has any issues with the DVI>VGA output? I can't seem to be able to connect it properly to my VGA input on the TV. I can't change the resolution too...

Devari
11-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Back to phase 2 :).

spybenj
11-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Still on phase 1 :(

BooRadLey
11-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Yay new phase! :biggrin:

spybenj
11-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Hmm. Hope I get phase 2 soon

Devari
11-05-2009, 12:35 AM
Hmm. Hope I get phase 2 soon

It might be dependent on when your order was placed. I originally ordered something in Sept, it was swapped to the 8690 the first few days of Octoberish. There was a pretty significant backorder at the time, but I would imagine that they'd put in a little overtime to get a few hundred laptops out if they got their shipments in.

simprog1700
11-05-2009, 08:50 AM
I am in the same boat............still in phase 1, eagerly awaiting phase 2. Sounds like the delay is for the lo-res screen option as they are waiting for the LCD panels.

spybenj
11-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Nope, october 17th and I have the fhd screen.
Got pushed to phase 2 a few minutes after I posted this. :)
The estimated ship date is this week :) and I needed ups express to cover ups brokerage fees.

darzigma
11-06-2009, 12:35 AM
I ordered 23rd October, set to phase 2 yesterday(or perhaps the day before).. And today my order is shipped, the UPS guy called me this afternoon asking for the import tax fee(and I can't ignore it, unless u want ur item become theirs).. Great work XoticPC!!

spybenj
11-06-2009, 09:48 AM
ETA is today!
Import tax can be charged on delivery aswell, that is what I am doing.

BooRadLey
11-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Yay phase 4. Should arrive sometime next week! I am so excited.:notworthy

New status: - - - Shipping to Xotic PC Nebraska plant to avoid California TAX - -

simprog1700
11-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Just got the e-mail.............Phase 4 and on the way!! Hope UPS doesn't mangle anything............................

Tuna
11-07-2009, 07:30 AM
Just got the e-mail.............Phase 4 and on the way!! Hope UPS doesn't mangle anything............................

Justin W assured me that their packaging is done well. Mine has to make the journey to Iraq here.

pernicus
11-09-2009, 06:33 AM
nvm stupid question.

pois859
11-10-2009, 07:13 AM
Hi, I'm italian and I'd like to order the np8690 from Usa. So I call one of a my friends that live in Usa and ask him if he can take the laptop home in Italy with him when he'll come back in Italy for Christmas time so I save 350$ on shipment and taxes. The problem is that he leaves on november 28th and so I fear that if I oreder the laptop now, it doesn't arrive on time to his home in California!
How long does an order take to be shipped on average??
Do you think that in 15 days it could arrive on time from nebraska to california???
Thank you!

simprog1700
11-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Justin W assured me that their packaging is done well. Mine has to make the journey to Iraq here.

Wow.......that is a long way for anyone or anything to travel. Thank You for your service in a faraway country!!!!

Devari
11-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Hi, I'm italian and I'd like to order the np8690 from Usa. So I call one of a my friends that live in Usa and ask him if he can take the laptop home in Italy with him when he'll come back in Italy for Christmas time so I save 350$ on shipment and taxes. The problem is that he leaves on november 28th and so I fear that if I oreder the laptop now, it doesn't arrive on time to his home in California!
How long does an order take to be shipped on average??
Do you think that in 15 days it could arrive on time from nebraska to california???
Thank you!

I think it is very unlikely. The 8690 is actually made in California. They ship it to Nebraska to dodge the California sales tax. So if you pay the sales tax, pay for expedited building, and pay for expedited shipping, I think you would end up paying close to what you'd pay for international taxes and shipping anyway, but someone else with the exact figures would have to do the math.

pois859
11-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Well, assuming that the np8690 configuration I want costs 2262$ + the faster shipment to california that is overnight delivery service and costs 109$ + california sales tax is 10% (237$), I'd spend 2608$=1740 euro.
If the laptop was shipped directly in italy his cost would be: 2262$ + delivery to italy that is 249$ + italian tax that is 20% (452$) + customs tax that is 2-3% (75$), I'd spend 3089$=2061euro
If my friend would take me the laptop to Italy, the saving for me would be still huge!!
My luck is the exchange euro/dollar that gives me a 30% off the total price!....:)
So I ask again, do you think that if I order the np8690 on friday 13th it arrives on time in california for november 27th??
Oh well, another question, the warranty "Sager 2 Year Parts & Labor Warranty w/ Lifetime 24/7 DOMESTIC Toll Free Customer Support" is worldwide valid????
Thank you for the answer!!

pernicus
11-23-2009, 11:28 AM
i like everything about the 8690 except one thing. This touch pad absolutely blows.

Devari
11-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Yeah. I honestly wish there was an easy way to shutoff the touchpad entirely when a USB mouse is present. The invisible scroll feature causes problems in WoW and browser based chat programs.

amdolev
11-24-2009, 05:44 AM
Fn+F1 as login screen appears...
I can never understand ppl who are too lazy to press 2 buttons... nothing personal of course.

Devari
11-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Fn+F1 as login screen appears...
I can never understand ppl who are too lazy to press 2 buttons... nothing personal of course.

I did not know this, you just became my hero.

amdolev
11-25-2009, 09:40 AM
I did not know this, you just became my hero.

>blush<
I'm sorry, I just like reading manuals :-/

darzigma
11-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Yeah..I wonder why Sager has such a disappointing mousepad..
I feel like I'm using a slick rubber that it clicks more often instead of moving around..
I'd better use a gaming mouse than the mousepad..

amdolev
11-26-2009, 04:42 PM
I don't like the pads what so ever. never used them. when I had an IBM i'd use that red... dot.... thingy.... i used to call it a clit :P