PDA

View Full Version : Registry Cleaner

OregonCoastGamer
02-26-2010, 12:55 PM
I recently was having some strange issues with programs stuttering. I assumed it was the fault of a new driver I installed, but as I narrowed down the problem, I decided to try out a registry cleaner and see if it had any affect. Turned out this simple program set everything back in order http://www.wisecleaner.com/download.html . It's free and I recommend anyone who doesn't already use a registry cleaner to try this one out.

PS; Lappy is still running great and I am loving my 500GB HD upgrade :)!

Anewbus
02-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Hey OCG! Been a while. Thanks for the tip.:) I'm looking for a good registry cleaner that doesn't smash one's system to bits in the process.
I'll give this one a try for sure. I'm not having any issues with my lappy, but a clean registry helps one sleep better at night.:p
Yes, my Xotic lappy is still running great! In fact, I will be ordering a desktop from XoticPC very very soon. In fact, I think I may call Justin next week to discuss what I want/need. I'm quite excited about placing another order with Xotic. I'm getting a desktop for disc burning and such because the volume I do would wipe out a lappy optical in short order. I currently have a desktop, but it's seen better days and I have sunk too much money into trying to fix it. I'm also tired of building my own, so it will be nice to have one custom built right for me so I can plug in and go.

DRY_ICE
02-26-2010, 05:01 PM
desktop? whattt????

Anewbus
02-26-2010, 05:05 PM
desktop? whattt????

Yes, XoticPC will soon be offering desktops as well.:XPCS::notworthy:biggrin:

DRY_ICE
02-26-2010, 09:48 PM
Yeah but hasn't that just been a rumor for a while now? I'm looking to buy a high end desktop sometime soon... if they're really going to custom build them I'd buy from here most likely.

Anewbus
02-26-2010, 10:36 PM
Well, sort of a rumor, but actually just coming a little later than expected. I don't have an exact ETA date yet, but Justin told me they will be offering.

DRY_ICE
02-26-2010, 11:02 PM
Well that is excellent... I'd love to pick up a customized desktop from Xotic instead of some place I don't trust. I just hope they get that going somewhat soon so I'm not forced to look elsewhere.

OregonCoastGamer
02-27-2010, 01:31 AM
Way to steal ma revive thread :p. Jk. I am looking forward to seeing what kind of desktops Xotic will be offering :D! Going to be ordering one before next year and I would love to support a desktop kick-off from Xotic.

DRY_ICE
02-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Yeah I was thinking that, sorry haha. Check this registry cleaner out! http://www.wisecleaner.com/download.htm (http://www.wisecleaner.com/download.html)

Alikazam
02-27-2010, 02:05 PM
you guys like CCleaner? I've used that one with some good results.

powerpack
02-27-2010, 03:01 PM
I used to use a registry cleaner with 98se but never have with XP or Vista? I guess I just got lazy.

In 98se I used to do all kinds of stuff. Set pagefile, edit registry, clean registry. Way limit what is running. But I only had 192MB RAM. Since XP and 2GB+ just not doing?

OCG that is good insight and thanks for the tip. Will have to consider when odd things happen that are not easily identified or able to resolve. I will now consider the registry on my check list.

OregonCoastGamer
02-28-2010, 12:39 AM

CC is another good one. I think I ran across some forum user saying that they had problems with it on x64 systems, which is why I decided to try wisecleaner. I never used a registry cleaner until now, but I think that it is connected with a lot of system slow downs (installing on my brothers PC right now :)).

carlobee
03-01-2010, 04:26 AM

Been using this one for quite some time. Really great one. You all may want to check this out too.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_laptop.jpg

RwarRwar
08-11-2010, 03:48 PM
What's the diff between WC's free and pro ones?

jaydeee
10-20-2010, 09:30 AM
looks good, I now have replacement for ccleaner.

Mc.Harrison
10-29-2010, 12:36 AM
It is really a very good information.
I was looking for Registry Cleaner from a long time.