PDA

View Full Version : G73JH Complete Walk-thru For Doing A Clean Install!

drremi
03-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Found this guide for doing a complete reinstall of Windows 7.
This for people that are not sure about this process! Hope it helps!

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=468027

dylan121
04-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Thanks! I was curious about this.

Lowell64
04-28-2010, 12:36 PM
How important is doing this on the g73jh-A1? I'm not really the most tech savvy person when it comes to messing with the BIOS and stuff. I was just wondering that if I leave it the way it comes (removing a few un-necessary things) if that will make my Laptop perform poorly compared to the un-install re-install tactic.

UntilMoraleImproves
04-28-2010, 01:44 PM
How important is doing this on the g73jh-A1? I'm not really the most tech savvy person when it comes to messing with the BIOS and stuff. I was just wondering that if I leave it the way it comes (removing a few un-necessary things) if that will make my Laptop perform poorly compared to the un-install re-install tactic.

IMO, it is not at all important. I'm a power user and used the recovery DVD and driver disk to restore when I swapped out the primary HDD for my SSD. I then uninstalled the programs I didn't want. It was a very easy process. Also, the ASUS tools have an option to delay some start-up programs to speed your boot time even further.

Lowell64
04-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Ok awesome! Thanks UMI. I guess now I just have to wait to see what I want to change. I wont know that till it is in my hands.
OH one more thing... Does the ASUS believe in pre-installing Norton onto the computer? I despise Norton :mad2:

UntilMoraleImproves
04-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Ok awesome! Thanks UMI. I guess now I just have to wait to see what I want to change. I wont know that till it is in my hands.
OH one more thing... Does the ASUS believe in pre-installing Norton onto the computer? I despise Norton :mad2:
No, Norton wasn't installed but there was some other crap. I just uninstalled it and used MS SE.

Lowell64
04-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Ok Good. And yeah I use MS.SE also.

jbermi
04-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Asus uses trend micro. I been using them for years. had a year left on a license so I just carried it over. I will probably go the MS SE route when the license I have is up.

DonaldA
05-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Found this guide for doing a complete reinstall of Windows 7.
This for people that are not sure about this process! Hope it helps!

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=468027

Thanks alot, this is a great walkthru, one of the best I've seen. made me glad i got the restore disk from xoticpc, you can make one yourself but it takes like 4 dvd's and has the bloatware on it, the one thats 15 bucks extra is on one dvd, much better I'm sure and worth the money. mine is due to arrive tue's, i can't wait. will most likely do the reinstall as it will clean out the junk.