PDA

View Full Version : 5793 headphone port dead

ackattack
04-17-2008, 07:03 PM
To start I know that there has been at least one other person on this forum who has had the same problem but no resolution was posted. And I have already contacted tech support about this matter however I would just like to see if anyone has any ideas prior to me shipping my computer for service.

Basically got my 5793, everything worked great, about 2 week into owning it the headphone port stopped sending signal, the computer knows its plugged in but I get no audio. All of the other ports work fine. As I need the computer for work, shipping it out isn't an option for at least 2 months so mean time i am using the multi-use port (on the far left) as a headphone jack but the audio quality out of it is terrible in comparison.

Does anyone have any ideas of something that could be wrong OTHER than a motherboard issue, or something I could try prior to sending it in for service.

thanks!

04-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Not sure on what you could do to fix it...but you could by a soundcard like http://www.xoticpc.com/creative-labs-sound-blaster-xtreme-audio-notebook-express-card-p-1442.html
Wont fix your jack, but would fix your sound problem :?