PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody using MAC OS on G73jh???

rastamandom
08-23-2010, 03:09 PM
I install iATKOS 10.6.3 x64, downloding new update for OS 10.6.4 after i'm going to look for kext

Not working:
- VGA
- Wireless
- Ethernet LAN
- Audio
- Camera

mrmatt
08-23-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm not sure you'll find the kexts for everything. I haven't heard of anyone getting it working

powerpack
08-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Touchy subject. I don't have a problem with doing it but well be careful on the advice and endorsement. It is illegal and those knuckle heads who were selling PC's with got their heads handed to them in court.

Not that you can't do but consider.

mrmatt
08-24-2010, 08:45 PM
I doubt that there is a kext for the 5870.
Actually, after a quick google search it turns out that the new iMacs have a Mobility 5850 in them so you might be able to find a modded kext since it is a lower clocked 5870.

rastamandom
08-25-2010, 06:17 PM
new update from apple site work on mine os, but just get bluetooth working...
PP do you think THEY gona look for me???:eek:

powerpack
08-26-2010, 12:18 AM
new update from apple site work on mine os, but just get bluetooth working...
PP do you think THEY gona look for me???:eek:No you will be fine. I actually encourage you to do as an individual. I like to see what can happen. If you can figure out how to run OSX on a G73? More power to you.

Selling it might be a different story. Some forums are touchy others do not care about Apples panties. I do not know Xotic's position. If they are cool I am intrigued by your venture. Getting OSX working on G73 would be cool. Not sure I would do but I do like seeing others pushing the limits.

And to be fair to pp not like he said he was going to report you. Or run and tattle. I don't know pp but all and all he seems cool. You should cut him a break. I am sure he didn't mean anything with his last post.;)