PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning An LCD

SmogHog
10-27-2010, 12:03 AM
Very Simple!

The next time you're in the supermarket or pharmacy pick up a bottle of distilled water.

Yeah I know,the supermarket only has gallon bottles.Put about 8 to 12 ounces in a small clean plastic/glass bottle and give the rest to Mom/Wife to use in the electric iron.

Put a small amount,depending on the size of the lcd,on a clean eye glasses cleaning cloth and go side to side top to bottom a once or twice using a very slight pressure.Normally up and down twice is enough to do the job.

If you coughed while eating or drinking in front of the screen a repeat may be in order.

Distilled water doesn't leave streaks or harm the screen like chemical products might.

Don't use window cleaners.

Works on TVs as well as it does on monitors.

tabuburn
10-27-2010, 12:12 AM
I never knew you could use distilled water that way.

My method is to use eyeglass cleaning wipes then finish up with my eyeglass cleaning cloth. :P

SmogHog
10-27-2010, 12:32 AM
I never knew you could use distilled water that way.

My method is to use eyeglass cleaning wipes then finish up with my eyeglass cleaning cloth. :P

Do the wipes list the chemical cleaning agents on the box?

I use them on my reading glasses but not my LCDs.

If I were you,I'd switch.:yes:

In most cases,mine included,the cleaning amounts to removing dust,fingerprints and the aftermath of a sneeze.

tabuburn
10-27-2010, 01:12 AM
Do the wipes list the chemical cleaning agents on the box?

I use them on my reading glasses but not my LCDs.

If I were you,I'd switch.:yes:

In most cases,mine included,the cleaning amounts to removing dust,fingerprints and the aftermath of a sneeze.

Yep, it only contains isopropyl alcohol. It's also ammonia-free and anti-static.

The best part is it doesn't leave any lint behind.

EDIT: The box says it is safe for TV screens and computer monitors and I have used it for a couple of years now and I have yet to see any negative effects on my screen.

Mc.Harrison
10-29-2010, 12:33 AM
I use distilled water to clean my LCD. Thanks for sharing as many people will use distilled water to clean their LCD's now.