PDA

View Full Version : Vista

ziggy1346
07-17-2008, 12:22 AM
i got the np9262 running vista pro... why does it keep on crashing?? i have to restart every day at least 5 times friggen vista. i installed it my self and filled up 60% of hard drive already. Does anyone have any ideas as to why it freezes so often.(whenever im running more then one window)... thanks for youre patience

ziggy1346
07-17-2008, 12:40 AM
heh i love this comp to death plz someone think of something!! i hate it crashing like this specially when i have to power it down the old way lol :(

Brad@XoticPC
07-17-2008, 09:50 AM
This sounds like a severe driver issue to me. You could mess around with task manager or safe mode (or the registry if you really know what you're doing) to try and find the culprit - but if I were you I might just wipe everything clean and reinstall Windows. Just make sure you backup first!

kpauls
07-17-2008, 02:03 PM
1) check for dust bunnies (http://xoticpcforums.com/showthread.php?t=847)
2) be sure to use the official drivers posted at sagernotebook.com

RaderCad
07-20-2008, 02:14 PM
i got the np9262 running vista pro... why does it keep on crashing?? i have to restart every day at least 5 times friggen vista. i installed it my self and filled up 60% of hard drive already. Does anyone have any ideas as to why it freezes so often.(whenever im running more then one window)... thanks for youre patience

Often when installing WindBlows Vista the OS will load it's own drivers. You should then update the drivers to the ones that came with your system. Your main problem, the hanging while having two windows open, sounds like a video driver. Also! You may have an indexing problem with the OS.

The problem of having a disk already 60% full sounds like the Vista indexing and restore point program is having problems. This will continuously update an index file and eventually overwhelm your disk. This last happens when you continuously add and remove programs, and / or when the system is having problems, like yours is. See tips, tricks and guides to disable this 'feature' until your laptop is stable.