PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Asus G73jw

littleark94
01-31-2011, 06:56 PM
Great laptop! very sexy looking design, but a bunch of issues.

i have no idea if i did anything properly. But i did look up bloatware to get rid of, and did that.

However, the sound is horrible when playing it through my bose speakers compared to my old laptop, and the graphics are bad on WoW for some reason.

WoW is suggesting to play at good settings and it barely gets 20fps on those settings.... my old laptop had an i3 with a 5650 ati card in it and could play at just about ultra.

What is the deal? What do i have to do to get this running and working properly?

Please help, i love this laptop but this is making me mad.

JP@XoticPC
01-31-2011, 11:33 PM
First things first! Go here (http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us) and search for your laptop. Update both the graphics card driver and audio driver. See if that makes any difference, and let us know. :)

littleark94
02-01-2011, 07:44 AM
First things first! Go here (http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us) and search for your laptop. Update both the graphics card driver and audio driver. See if that makes any difference, and let us know. :)

Hey JP!

I am doing exactly that, i am also updating the web cam driver since its not working.

I'll come back and let you know.

One bit of confusion, in the owners lounge they told me to download the 266.43 version of nvidia driver, that is different than the one on the asus site.

Any insight on this?

littleark94
02-01-2011, 07:59 AM
Second question if you don't mind.

I am pretty nooby with this stuff, but i really want to learn.

When installing a driver, what do i need to do? All i have clicked is the setup file, and ran that.
Should i any files in the folder into another folder anywhere?

littleark94
02-01-2011, 08:10 AM
WELL!!!

AWESOME it works perfect. getting 60fps just in a populated city alone, can't wait to see outside of a city.

And my sound, well i updated realtek twice and its sounding even better then my old laptop! now i just need to see if webcam is working :)

singleshot71
02-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Update your graphics driver straight from NVID/ati, w/e one you have. All other updates should be done through ASUS. Run your smart update that ASUS provides in software. Unless you deleted it already.

woodjutt
02-09-2011, 04:27 AM
It doesn't feel very hot but I am not sure if both of the fans in the back are working because when I ran furmark, it said the temperature got up to 100 degrees C or something rediculous and then it turned off on me.
When I first got this computer it didn't do that, it is about 3 months old.