PDA

View Full Version : Thermal Paste

caocao
08-07-2008, 04:11 PM
When I ordered my 5796 it came with a tube of as5...doesn this mean that the termal paste on my laptop is the cheap stuff and I should replace it with the as5?

Thank you!

Anewbus
08-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Hmm, I don't know. I wouldn't think so if your lappy came built and ready to go. Not that it is necessarily a bad thing. (That stuff is expensive) Why would the tube be there though?

Mazeura
08-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Hehe, I also recieved a tube of Artic Silver 5 thermal paste when I got my 9262.
*blinks* Where did that go to anyways...?
Anyways, I think Sager puts it into all their boxes. Which I'm not complaining, it allows you to reapply the paste to either the GPU or the CPU, depending on what is going on.

Note, this tube isnt that big, Anewbus. It's only enough for one application (maybe two if your really stringy :S ).

*Adds picture of said thermal paste tube, using his cell phone and a Creme Savers candy as size reference*
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1592/p8070011nd7.jpg
Sorry for the ridiculously high res.

halest0rM
08-07-2008, 05:49 PM
I didn't get a tube. Are you supposed to get one? :confused:

Anewbus
08-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Hehe, I also recieved a tube of Artic Silver 5 thermal paste when I got my 9262.
*blinks* Where did that go to anyways...?
Anyways, I think Sager puts it into all their boxes. Which I'm not complaining, it allows you to reapply the paste to either the GPU or the CPU, depending on what is going on.

Note, this tube isnt that big, Anewbus. It's only enough for one application (maybe two if your really stringy :S ).

*Adds picture of said thermal paste tube, using his cell phone and a Creme Savers candy as size reference*
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1592/p8070011nd7.jpg
Sorry for the ridiculously high res.

I know the tube is not that big because I bought some when I rebuilt my desktop. That stuff belongs in fort knox or something. It's kind of expensive even at that size.
I'm just wondering why they include it as well?

Hmm, Halestorm didn't get any?
Oh, look what we have started now. lol! :)

OregonCoastGamer
08-07-2008, 09:20 PM
I didn't get a tube. Are you supposed to get one? :confused:

I think it is only for specific models and they must have just started that policy recently.... nothing like a backup supply of Arctic Silver ;).