Force 16F2 vs Asus G53SW
1) What is your budget?
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
c. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
3) What country are you buying this in?
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
5) What tasks will you be performing with the notebook?
6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places or leaving it on your desk?
Mostly on my lap
7) Will you be playing games on it; if so, which games?
8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
1.5-2 is fine
9) Do you mind buying online without seeing the notebook in person?
Not at all
10) What OS do you prefer? (more details below)
11) From the choices below, what screen resolutions would you prefer? (more details below)
f. WUXGA - 1920x1200; Wider viewing version of UXGA, good for movie viewing or spreadsheets.
12) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non glossy screen?
Build Quality and Design
13) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
14) When are you buying this laptop and how long do you want this laptop to last?
15) How much hard drive space do you want; 80GB, 160GB, 250GB, 320GB, 500GB, 1TB, or 1.5TB?
1 TB (2 Hybrid drives)
16) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, CD/DVD Burner or Blu-Ray drive?
17) What speed CPU/Processor would you like? Dual core or Quad Core CPU?
2nd Gen i7
Basically all I want is a 2nd Gen i7, Nvidia graphics card w/o Optimus for Linux compatibility, 2 HDDs, FHD/WUXGA screen resolution. The only one of those specs that is optional is the w/o Optimus one (still has to be Nvidia).
From what I have seen it basically limits me to the Asus G53 series and the MSI 16F2. I have ordered the Force 16F2, however seeing that the G53SW-XR1 is available, I am tempted. The Asus is a little more expensive and I am not sure what I am gaining for that, besides a 1 year complete care warranty.
Last edited by Amorget; 05-30-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Reason: Wrong laptop in Title
Phase 1 - 5/23/11
Phase 2 - 5/24/11
Phase 4 - 6/2/11 (yay!!)