Toll Free: 1-877-289-9684  |  Live Chat 7 Days a Week

Thread: Octoshape Add in for Adobe

Default Octoshape Add in for Adobe

Was curious if anyone uses this add in for Adobe Flash? I noticed on CNN website it asked to install when I was viewing a live video stream from Florida on Hurricane IRENE. Since I am at work I did not install it, but was curious if it is any good or not?
    Sager NP8130 Owner- i7-2630QM, 2.0-2.8GHz, nVidia GeForce GTX 460M 1,536MB GDDR5 DX11, 8,192MB DDR3 1333MHz, 500GB (w/ 4GB SSD Memory) Seagate XT 7200RPM NCQ Hybrid,Combo 8x8x6x4x Dual Layer DVD,Intel® Ultimate-N 6300, Exterior Finish:
    http://www.xoticpc.com/extfinish/skins/space18.jpg

P1- 2/17/11 (Updated order on 3/1/11)
    P2- 3/21/11
    P3- 3/24/11 (Custom Paint/Skin Job)
    P4- 4/11/11
    Delivered 4/15/11 and in Gaming heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    Was curious if anyone uses this add in for Adobe Flash??
    Basically, its an add-in for your flash player that helps you provide better quality of streaming video, faster start-up time of apps with flash, Watching live feeds of Lakers vs. Suns at ESPN.com linked by NBA.com as a requirement add-in to view the live stream of the game

Octoshape Grid Delivery enhancement

By installing the Octoshape Grid Delivery enhancement for Adobe Flash Player, you will be able to view higher quality video streams. This software enhancement will also provide faster start up of content and less buffering and interruptions. These Octoshape enhancements will be installed on your computer as an add-in for the Adobe Flash Player and can be uninstalled at any time (see below).
    Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is the Octoshape Grid Delivery enhancement?

The Octoshape software utilizes a grid streaming technology. With grid streaming technology, parts of the video and audio stream you watch may be delivered to your personal computer system via the personal computer systems of other end users of the software, and the personal computer system on which you install the Software may also be used to deliver parts of the video and audio stream to other end users of the Software only while you are viewing the same respective stream.

By installing the Octoshape software you are granting permission for Octoshape, the website and other end users of the software to utilize and share the processor and bandwidth of your personal computer system for the limited purpose of facilitating the communication between you and other end users of the software, including Octoshape and the website, and improving bandwidth efficiency in order to provide you the content.
    2. Will other users of the Octoshape grid streaming technology have access to any of my information?

No, other users of the Octoshape grid streaming technology will not have access to any of your information.
    3. How will the Octoshape software improve my viewing experience?

Installing the Octoshape software will provide you with:
    • Higher quality video
    • Faster startup
    • Less buffering
    • Fewer interruptions
    4. Do I need the Octoshape software to view the content on this website?

The site in question may or may not provide the content via other delivery methods. If the content is provided via the unenhanced version of Adobe Flash Player, it will not include the added benefits referenced above.
    5. What happens if I select "YES"?

When you select "Yes", the Octoshape software will be installed on your computer, and you will be asked to review and accept the Octoshape End User License Agreement. After you accept the Octoshape End User License Agreement, the Octoshape software will be activated and you will be able to view the content with the enhancements referenced above. The Octoshape software will remain on your computer until you uninstall the program.
    6. What happens if I select "YES" to install the software but decline to accept the Octoshape End User License Agreement terms?

The Octoshape Grid Delivery enhancement will be installed on your computer but will remain dormant/unactivated. To uninstall, see instructions below.
    7. How do I uninstall the Octoshape software from my computer?

You may uninstall the Octoshape software at any time.
    To uninstall the Octoshape Grid Delivery enhancement follow the directions for your specific platform:

Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003: Go to Start -> Settings -> Control panel. Now select "Add or Remove Programs". Find "Octoshape add-in for Adobe Flash Player" and press "Change/Remove".

Windows Vista: Go to Start -> Control panel (-> Programs) and press "Programs and features". Find "Octoshape add-in for Adobe Flash Player" and press "Uninstall/Change" in the top menu.
    Last edited by SmogHog; 08-26-2011 at 06:12 PM.
    MSI GT780DX | Intel Core i7-2670QM | nVidia GTX 570M | 16 GB DDR3-1333 | 240 GB OCZ Vertex3 MI SSD | 120GB Vertex 3 MI SSD(caddy) | 2 x 240GB SanDisk Extreme SSD R0 | Tuniq TX-3 | Bigfoot Killer Wireless-N 1103(3x3) | Netgear R6300

Thanks Smog. I didn't have time to check at work. Looks to be something only for Live streams mostly, so I will probably just pass on it for now at work. I do not stream hardly any Live video feeds while at work or home for that matter.
    Sager NP8130 Owner- i7-2630QM, 2.0-2.8GHz, nVidia GeForce GTX 460M 1,536MB GDDR5 DX11, 8,192MB DDR3 1333MHz, 500GB (w/ 4GB SSD Memory) Seagate XT 7200RPM NCQ Hybrid,Combo 8x8x6x4x Dual Layer DVD,Intel® Ultimate-N 6300, Exterior Finish:
    http://www.xoticpc.com/extfinish/skins/space18.jpg

P1- 2/17/11 (Updated order on 3/1/11)
    P2- 3/21/11
    P3- 3/24/11 (Custom Paint/Skin Job)
    P4- 4/11/11
    Delivered 4/15/11 and in Gaming heaven