1) What is your budget?
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
a. Ultraportable; 12" screen or less <--------------NO
b. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen <--------------NO
c. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen <--------------YES
d. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen <------------YES
3) What country (and state) are you buying this in?
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
I dont like(hate actually) the asus G73-74
5) What tasks will you be performing with the notebook?
I will be using this as my secondary computer(primary is a maxed out desktop) which i will occasionally carry around to college or on some trips for example. I will use it mainly for gaming, but also for programs like office or web surfing.
6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places or leaving it on your desk?
Different places, but not too often.
7) Will you be playing games on it; if so, which games?
Latest games, im not planning to go under medium settings.
8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
3 non gaming hours.
9) Do you mind buying online without seeing the notebook in person?
Well this is tricky. Most important thing in this laptop is DESIGN. I want it to be a cool laptop, not like the asus G74.
10) Which OS do you prefer?
11) From the choices below, what screen resolutions would you prefer? (more details below)
d. WXGA or WXGA+ - 1280x768/800 or 1440x900; Wider viewing version of XGA, good for movie viewing or spreadsheets.
e. WSXGA+ - 1680x1050; Wider viewing version of SXGA, good for movie viewing or spreadsheets.
f. WUXGA - 1920x1080; Wider viewing version of UXGA, good for movie viewing or spreadsheets.
12) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non glossy screen?
I dont care. Glossy would be cool tho, but matte is ok too.
Build Quality and Design
13) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
ABSOLUTELY. This goes even above performance.
14) When are you buying this laptop and how long do you want this laptop to last?
I will be buying it in late may, beginning of June.
15) How much hard drive space do you want; 250GB, 320GB, 500GB, 750GB, 1TB, or 1.5TB?
No less than 320GB.
16) Would you prefer a SSD Hard Drive? How much space do you want?
Yea that would be nice. I dont need much space, cuz i got an external HDD 2TB
17) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, CD/DVD Burner or Blu-Ray drive?
Bluray would be nice, but its the last thing to add. I dont really need it.
18) What speed CPU/Processor would you like? Dual core or Quad Core CPU?
Intel quad core
19) Do you use wireless, or do you plan on using it? Do you use Bluetooth, or do you plan on using it?
Yes, wireless, bluetooth, they are all important in a laptop.
I will be using this laptop for watching movies, gaming and for university. I was inclined to buy an alienware m17x, but I think i will leave it for last if i dont find something better for less money.
Thanks in advance for your time