Toll Free: 1-877-289-9684  |  Live Chat 7 Days a Week

Thread: MSI Drivers

Default MSI Drivers

Which MSI site do I need to go to download the klm drivers for my keyboard and also to find any other drivers that inadvertantly were missed when my laptop was reloaded? I have bounced around to their sites and can't find them. I have live update but that doesn't replace missing drivers.

Edit: I went to MSI and they wanted me to purchase the software to update and download drivers. I don't know if they forgot to put this software back on my laptop when they did a clean reinstall or whether that's an additional purchase I need to make.
    Last edited by Clayton; 05-19-2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: adding information

It's a good idea to add your hardware to your signature so others can known and answer correctly.

I had to seach your old posts to know your model.

I use only the MSI utilities.Their drivers are outdated.

This post was made for the GT78x series but most applies to the GT series too.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/msi/...ml#post8177509

GT70:
    http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GT70-0NC.html

GT60:
    http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GT60-0NC.html

It's best to do a clean install yourself from USB.

If you have an SSD use Parted Magic to secure erase the disk before doing the clean Windows 7 install.

Download the newest Parted Magic version and unpack it onto a usb stick.

Boot from the USB stick and use the included software to secure erase the SSD.

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-...-an-ssd-drive/

Last edited by SmogHog; 05-19-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    MSI GT780DX | Intel Core i7-2670QM | nVidia GTX 570M | 16 GB DDR3-1333 | 240 GB OCZ Vertex3 MI SSD | 120GB Vertex 3 MI SSD(caddy) | 2 x 240GB SanDisk Extreme SSD R0 | Tuniq TX-3 | Bigfoot Killer Wireless-N 1103(3x3) | Netgear R6300

Thanks Smoghog. I should have mentioned I had a GT70, forgot that part. They did a reinstall at xotic to get rid of the bloatware. I'm trying to figure out which driver, besides the klm, I need to install. I have been using a Mac for the past 6 1/2 years, and decided MSI was a better option for me. I guess I need to start getting used to Windows again...there have been a lot of changes since XP. I am well pleased with my new machine, just have to figure a few things out.

I don't have an SSD. I opted for one a regular hard drive and may add an SSD later. I ran myself short this month pushing the limit with extras.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
    Thanks Smoghog. I should have mentioned I had a GT70, forgot that part. They did a reinstall at xotic to get rid of the bloatware. I'm trying to figure out which driver, besides the klm, I need to install. I have been using a Mac for the past 6 1/2 years, and decided MSI was a better option for me. I guess I need to start getting used to Windows again...there have been a lot of changes since XP. I am well pleased with my new machine, just have to figure a few things out.

I don't have an SSD. I opted for one a regular hard drive and may add an SSD later. I ran myself short this month pushing the limit with extras.
    Any help you need,just ask or send me a PM.

I'm in GMT+9 so I may be in dreamland and answer a bit late.
    MSI GT780DX | Intel Core i7-2670QM | nVidia GTX 570M | 16 GB DDR3-1333 | 240 GB OCZ Vertex3 MI SSD | 120GB Vertex 3 MI SSD(caddy) | 2 x 240GB SanDisk Extreme SSD R0 | Tuniq TX-3 | Bigfoot Killer Wireless-N 1103(3x3) | Netgear R6300

I'll try to catch up with you tonight.