Toll Free: 1-877-289-9684  |  Live Chat 7 Days a Week

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man, getting a notebook from xotic takes forever

Default Man, getting a notebook from xotic takes forever

I really wasn't prepared for just how long it takes for orders at xotic to process, and and assemble. I placed my order on June 23rd, and it's now August! And my notebook hasn't even shipped! This is crazy. I have never waited this long for a computer. It might be a good idea to make it really loud and clear before customers place an order, that they should be prepared to wait more than a month. Now that I've discovered that Sager is literally just a few miles away, over in Industry, I should have just purchased from them direct.

Anxious and let-down.

I am sorry to hear about your wait. If I have identified you correctly I show you ordered a Sager that completed payment in early July. With Sager's production time plus yours shipping to us to do additional customizations it unfortunately adds time to it. Just shipping from CA to Nebraska takes about 1 business week. Your order should be completed very soon I am sure you will enjoy it!

I had similar problem with Xotic....very long order processing time. I eventually got my laptop. But I saw no value at all from going through Xotic. I am getting ready to order another laptop Sager NP9150 with GTX 680M. Did a lot of research into the 7970M and decided to go with 680. Can't wait!! I'm strongly considering ordering directly from Sager. Price is the same.

ric0097,

The added benefit you have from ordering from xotic is you can call and talk to them. My price was also a bit cheaper when ordering from xotic as opposed to Sager, they must have some kind of discount. It was only like $10 difference though and Sager doesn't offer the same payment plans ie. cash discount.

From the FAQ page:

How long does it take to process an order?
    Most orders are processed within 24 hours of your order being submitted. After an order is produced is goes through production and testing and onto shipment. In the event USPS is chosen, there can be a minimal delay with this shipping method due to us having to manually take USPS packages to the Post Office for processing. Xotic PC has a Daily UPS pick up and typically ship out faster than USPS.
    My order was placed on June 23rd, and my order was finally through processing and entered phase 2 on July 3rd. A wee bit longer than 24hrs.

How long will it take to ship my order?
    Laptop Orders Ship on average in 3-7 Business Days from processingDesktop Computer Orders Ship in 4-9 Business Days from processingServer Orders Ship in 7-9 Business Days from processingProcessing/Production time (the time between ordering a product and that product leaving our warehouse) depends on stock availability. Orders begin processing within 1 business day from the time they are received. Please do not count weekends or holidays as business days for processing time.
    I has been 30-days, an entire month since my order entered phase 2. My experience has been waaay off from the expectations presented on the xotic site.

It might turn away some customers, but I think it's best if you are honest with them up front about your processing and production times.

Just gotta say, why would you not order from Xoticpc?? Just because they take a long time to make?? They have a great and quality production team, and dont rush your new $1,000+ laptop, and WAY better costumer service than sager direct. Sager is always getting hammered because of their sucky service, while Xotic pc has some of the best!!! Throughout my sager np9130 order Michael S. has been a Huge help(Thanks Mike!) and my computer came here flawless. So, Why not buy from Xoticpc? I am 100% glad I did!

OK. Good news. Just got confirmation that my notebook has shipped. Thanks, guys!

Congrats!!

Cedric@XoticPC Guest

Sager's support department consists mostly of their engineers-they are not customer centric, they don't explain everything because they assume you know where options are and how to take parts of your computer apart, and more often than not they will send you a picture of the manual if you want help. Their function is to make laptops first, and support them second. That is why people purchase from us and other resellers. Sager is a great hardware company, but they are not going to hold your hand through things or email back and forth with you.

Quote Originally Posted by ric0097 View Post
    I had similar problem with Xotic....very long order processing time. I eventually got my laptop. But I saw no value at all from going through Xotic. I am getting ready to order another laptop Sager NP9150 with GTX 680M. Did a lot of research into the 7970M and decided to go with 680. Can't wait!! I'm strongly considering ordering directly from Sager. Price is the same.
    Last edited by Cedric@XoticPC; 08-02-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nervouschimp View Post
    From the FAQ page:

My order was placed on June 23rd, and my order was finally through processing and entered phase 2 on July 3rd. A wee bit longer than 24hrs.

I has been 30-days, an entire month since my order entered phase 2. My experience has been waaay off from the expectations presented on the xotic site.

It might turn away some customers, but I think it's best if you are honest with them up front about your processing and production times.
    This is quoted from our FAQ however please keep in mind when we get into a busy season we do not conceal in any fashion lead times. We advise customers immediately that production is little busier then usual. I apologize you had to wait longer but you can be assured we do a thorough check on the notebook before shipment.

Also by ordering through us versus Sager you not only Save money but you also get Lifetime 24/7 Phone Support, added labor warranties and longer Dead Pixel warranties just to name a few.

Hope you enjoy it!