Toll Free: 1-877-289-9684  |  Live Chat 7 Days a Week

Thread: Hotkey utility is messing things up.

Default Hotkey utility is messing things up.

Hello.
    I am using the Sager NP9370 with windows 7.
    I have a problem with the Hotkey.exe program. Apparently it controls the functionality of the Fn key as well as my backlit keyboard colors. However, when it is running, whenever I hit Num lock or more importantly, the CAPS lock key, a notification appears on the top left corner of my screen. This is extremely annoying, and although I have not tested this yet, it seems that the notification has automatically made other users tab out of applications such as fullscreen games whenever the CAPS lock is pressed. This is a major concern for me as my main Teamspeak key is the CAPS lock. Is there a way to fix this? Some sort of software update or some software I can download to modify this? Or perhaps instructions to edit hotkey.exe in regedit or something along those lines?

Thanks in advance,

Simon

I would consider posting this on the TS forums. I use TS too. That is a very odd key you have selected. I do not think most people use that key. However, you can also try reinstalling the drivers but I am not sure that there is an actual problem.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Roland@XoticPC View Post
    I would consider posting this on the TS forums. I use TS too. That is a very odd key you have selected. I do not think most people use that key. However, you can also try reinstalling the drivers but I am not sure that there is an actual problem.
    Hi Roland, I believe that what Simon is saying is not refered to TS, but to the HOTKEY application itself. I'm also having issues with HOTKEY although not related with TS. The main problem is that each time you press the Caps key, an annoying indicator appears on the top-left corner of the screen, letting you know what the current state of the Caps is, and in doing so, you lose the focus of the application you are using for about a second. This is incredibly bothersome when you use something like Word, as this problem with the "running application focus" makes you lose a good deal of key presses, making it almost imposible to write a complete phrase correctly.

I tried disabling the Hotkey app and the issue went away, but the problem is that this app seems related with many other system functions such as keyboard backlighting, and the Sager Control Center.

Could you please provide more information on the HOTKEY app you are using? The version instaled in my PC states it is version 1.0.0 from 2008, which seems weird for a PC with Windows 8 from Dec 2012.

Thanks in advance,

Francisco

This seems to be a really issue with Sager Hotkey users. I have tried version 6.0058, 6.0062, 6.0072 and 6.0078 and all of them
    have the same problem when using CAPS LOCK, NUM LOCK and SCROLL LOCK. Problem seems to be when the ON/OFF toggle pops
    up it takes you out of what you are doing. I gotta say for such high end expensive laptops I cannot beleive what cheap keyboard
    and software is being used. Other than this issue the system is a dream. Wake up Sager and fix the software. There are thousands
    of people online having problems with HOTKEY software.

cheers

Cedric@XoticPC Guest

I dont think its the hotkey utility. The Asus I used to use for work did the same thing, and the Dell im typing on right now also does it-when I hit Num Lock, Caps Lock, etc, there is a popup that appears in the lower right that indicates that you hit a function hotkey that is premapped. Sager has not updated their hotkey software for quite some time since it is pretty basic in function. It controls the back light and basic hot key functions. No need to update what already works.

Actually just got confirmed by Sager it is a problem and they will report it to Clevo. Only short term solution is disable Hotkey software

Finally got the fix. Sager sent me an FTP clevo link and a newer driver 6.0100.rar and once installed you right click on the taskbar icon and see K/B indicator checked off...un check it and voila problem solved....finalllllllllyyyyyyyy NP9370 is perfect and 100% functional

Quote Originally Posted by mentaltmc View Post
    Finally got the fix. Sager sent me an FTP clevo link and a newer driver 6.0100.rar and once installed you right click on the taskbar icon and see K/B indicator checked off...un check it and voila problem solved....finalllllllllyyyyyyyy NP9370 is perfect and 100% functional
    can you post a link to this driver? its newer then mine