Toll Free: 1-877-289-9684  |  Live Chat 7 Days a Week

Thread: HDMI output does not match my tv screen, help.

Default HDMI output does not match my tv screen, help.

Like the title states. I have a sager np8662. When I plug the HDMI port to my tv the picture comes up fine but it seems that my TV cuts of the edges of the screen. (I can't see the task bar in windows) It's not by much but it's enough to make things difficult if I were trying to use it for something other than watching movies. Is there a way that I could get my TV screen to match my notebook's screen exactly, I'd like to see what some games would look like on the big screen. Thanks in advance.

I've figured it out. I'm sure other people are having the same problem I've seen it all over the web. You have to connect your TV via HDMI cable then open the Nvidia control panel. The very last option alows you to rescale your TV so it matches perfectly....now I just have to figure out how to get the sound to work from the TV....

Audio doesn't work over HDMI. You need to run a 1/8" audio jack from the laptop to the audio input on your TV or sound system or just plug headsets into your computer. You'll have to refer to your TV's manual on how to run auxilary audio input with HDMI but most TVs have a 1/8" audio input plug near the HDMI plug for that purpose.

Actually with the NP8662 (which I am typing this response on) you can send audio via HDMI. You have to change your audio output from the laptop speakers to the Realtek Digital Output option. (Or you can go into the Realtek HD Audio Manager from the Control Panel.) I frequently play World at Warcraft on a 42" Panasonic Viera plasma with HDMI the only connection between the machine and the TV and the sound plays out of the TV.