Toll Free: 1-877-289-9684  |  Live Chat 7 Days a Week

Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast

Thread: ASUS G73JH-A1 Owners Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by oCCor View Post
    Bought my G73 over a year ago, right off the shelf. I am having shutdown problems while playing CoD4. No warning just shuts off but I can fire it right back up. I updated BIO's to 209, still same issue.
    I say its "heat". Needs to have all the fans blown out. It has not been done yet. Unit sits on a pair of 4 inch cooling fan, forcing air through the unit.
    "Tech" says BIO's... Updated to 209, same issue, shut down. current bios 209

I have not had the covers off it. Just put in a 80G SSD when I bought it. I build gaming rigs, havent had a laptop apart, yet...
    these laptops don't intake air from the bottom so having fans blowing in the bottom is almost worthless. Sounds like you need to get canned air and brave the disassembly process to clean it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick494 View Post
    ...and brave the disassembly process to clean it out.
    Thanks for the laugh. Now I have to go looking for the teardown and rebuild plans for this thing I have all the books from the original box...

Thermo paste
    Canned Air
    2X peepers
    Philips screw driver
    a few extra hours tonight...
    G73JH A-1, 720QM, Radeon HD5870, 80G SSD, 6Gigs RAM, Win7 64bit

Dust was the cause of the over heating. It took another laptop to watch the video and take mine apart, And put it back together.

So far, no problems with heat...

CoD4 runs with no problems, wide open...

Thank You

Rocc_Head
    G73JH A-1, 720QM, Radeon HD5870, 80G SSD, 6Gigs RAM, Win7 64bit

I'd just like to say that tomorrow I will no longer own an ASUS G73JH. That miserable piece of crap is on its way back to ASUS for the SIXTH time in under two years. This time it's being replaced by a G74SX...I wanted a refund but ASUS won't do that. I fully regret ever purchasing that laptop and will never touch another ASUS product again.

In those two years, the display died, the laptop started overheating, one hard drive died, the touchpad quit working, the keyboard quit working, and numerous repair jobs were botched by the supposed "certified" repair centers.

I don't hold any of this against XoticPC, who were completely awesome during the purchasing process.
    Last edited by mertesn; 02-25-2012 at 12:03 AM.

Well, to counter the previous comment I will say I've been an owner of this laptop for over two years and haven't had a single problem with it. Everything still runs are good as the day I bought it, my only complain would be battery life, but I knew going into it that it would be horrible.

I have many Asus products (Video cards, LED and LCD monitors), 5+ motherboards, soundcard, and a tablet. Not one has let me down or made me regret my purchases, they always have good build quality and have operated without issue. I've been a loyal Asus buyer for about 8 years now and the only complaint I've ever had was when I did contact the company (IE tech support, customer service) the service was horrible. I did RMA 1 video card about 5 years ago and it was a super fast turnaround time, RMA process was fairly easy.

I have several friends and co-workers that use one-5 Asus products daily and they've always said nothing but good things about their Asus products as well.
    If you appreciate the information I give, please add to my reputation.

ASUS G73JH-A2

Core i7 720QM, ATI 5870, 8GB DDR3
    160GB Intel SSD
    & 500GB 7,200 RPM HDD
    Intel 6200 Wireless, Windows 7 64-Bit
    Ordered 2/1/10 - Arrived 3/30/10

same here ive had this laptop about 2 yrs never a hardware issue i did have issues with the bios and conflicts with latest video card drivers from amd but a bios flash fixed that. besides that no issues

plan to get a sager late this yr or early next to replace this one

Let there Be Light.. Recieved on 5/18/10

Hate to be a downer, but my brother also owns this laptop and had it sent in 3 times, it still has multiple BSOD/shutdown issues. Would LOVE to return it, but out of warranty. Everything else about the laptop is great, no heat issues or anything else. Luckily I know a very skilled individual who helped us narrow down the problem(RAM or mobo), and we'll be able to find and replace the problem shortly.

From all the reading i've done it appears that there were quite a bit of lemons. Pretty disappointed with Asus, and their repair center quality...

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhornsol View Post
    Hate to be a downer, but my brother also owns this laptop and had it sent in 3 times, it still has multiple BSOD/shutdown issues. Would LOVE to return it, but out of warranty. Everything else about the laptop is great, no heat issues or anything else. Luckily I know a very skilled individual who helped us narrow down the problem(RAM or mobo), and we'll be able to find and replace the problem shortly.

From all the reading i've done it appears that there were quite a bit of lemons. Pretty disappointed with Asus, and their repair center quality...
    I literally got reamed, flamed, cussed out, and called all kinds of vile names when these things were just shipping (after a lot of failures being reported) for even suggesting that they were not a great product to invest in based on the failures that the machine had.

I then went ahead and traded the sager I had for one of them just to make sure I was right, lo and behold the RAM was bad. It kept BSODing on me, so I took it apart and had to fix the atrocious job they did on the thermal paste and a loose heat sink. Then it would still BSOD every once in a while, so I replaced the hard drive. That finally fixed it enough that I could sell it and never look back.

I owned one for all of 4 months, I will never own another ASUS branded laptop, netbook, tablet, or PC again. I will probably still own an ASUS branded individual component because for some reason they do that better than anything else they do.

My laptop history is as follows:

Asus G50 - stolen May 2009 (thank god because those had a bad track record with heat)
    Gateway P7805U - not a bad laptop all things considered (still in use today by who I sold it to), owned 10 months sold for
    Sager 8690 - Great laptop, owned 7 months trade for
    G73JH - as outlined.....owned 4 months
    8130 - owned for 10 months (still in use), sold for
    MSI GT783 - I might sell this if I find out that I can get buy with just a tablet and put the money into savings for when I can build a desktop again.

Just adding my two cents: Steve and I are still in a happy relationship. We've had some ups and downs, and I may have cursed him out once, but he still works just fine.

...and now I'm worried I've jinxed myself. *knocks on wood*