Toll Free: 1-877-289-9684  |  Live Chat 7 Days a Week

Thread: Only 5.9 on Windows Experience Index for my SSD?

1. Default Only 5.9 on Windows Experience Index for my SSD?

I did the Windows Experience Index assessment for my brand new sager np8760, and I only got a rating of 5.9 for my primary hard drive, which is a 80gb Intel SDD. My secondary hard drive is a 500gb 7200rpm hdd.

Can someone tell me what's going on? How can I make the Windows Experience Index only show the SSD performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Plastic Pickle View Post
    I did the Windows Experience Index assessment for my brand new sager np8760, and I only got a rating of 5.9 for my primary hard drive, which is a 80gb Intel SDD. My secondary hard drive is a 500gb 7200rpm hdd.

Can someone tell me what's going on? How can I make the Windows Experience Index only show the SSD performance?
    If I had to guess it is testing both drives and giving you the lowest score based on the 500GB drive.
    - Thanks to Smoghog for the new router, it really helps!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick494 View Post
    If I had to guess it is testing both drives and giving you the lowest score based on the 500GB drive.
    I know that it doesn't really matter performance wise, but how could I make it measure and display the SDD performance only? Is there a way? It's really irritating because everything else is like 7.1 - 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick494 View Post
    That is correct. And why does it matter what the WE is? You could remove the HDD and then test or you could try disabling the hard drive in the BIOS?
    -Sager NP8760-i7-720QM-HD5870-

5. Default

I used the disk management utility and disabled my regular hdd, ran the windows experience index again and my ssd was rated 7.7

I just wanted a high "WE" rating so i could show my less computer savvy friends how kick ass my laptop is.