Toll Free: 1-877-289-9684  |  Live Chat 7 Days a Week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asus G73 keyboard lighting

Default Asus G73 keyboard lighting

Hey guys I just did a fresh win 7 ultimate install on my asus g73 and the keyboard no long will light up. It will blink on when you start it up but the FN+3/4 will no longer control it. The FN keys work for adjusting the screen though. Any pointers on how to get that back up and running? Oh and It has the newest bios 211 (I think thats what it was.)

Did you load the drivers from the disc? I know I have no control over my keyboard backlights without the drivers to enable the fn key controls for it. Mine will light at boot, but then goes out and cannot be turned back on without the drivers. I also noticed that the lights will flash at boot, go out until I login, and then light up again after I login.

Quote Originally Posted by ZWarrior View Post
    Did you load the drivers from the disc? I know I have no control over my keyboard backlights without the drivers to enable the fn key controls for it. Mine will light at boot, but then goes out and cannot be turned back on without the drivers. I also noticed that the lights will flash at boot, go out until I login, and then light up again after I login.
    Any idea which one it is? Came with so much junk on it. The CD itself has over 20 some programs lol

Ok so i found the software from the CD. It has a weird name.

Sorry, didn't get a chance to reply, but I am glad that you got it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranie909 View Post
    Hey guys I just did a fresh win 7 ultimate install on my asus g73 and the keyboard no long will light up. It will blink on when you start it up but the FN+3/4 will no longer control it. The FN keys work for adjusting the screen though. Any pointers on how to get that back up and running? Oh and It has the newest bios 211 (I think thats what it was.)
    (The following is only applicable if your keyboard lights *flash* on startup, but then don't light up the rest of the time.)

I know this sounds crazy, but it's a work-around that worked for me this morning (I have a G73s): when your laptop is on, close the lid so that the computer will go to sleep (wait 30 seconds or so). When the computer is asleep and the lid is closed, pull out the a/c adapter, and then also pull out the battery. Then plug the a/c adapter back in (computer is still asleep), and open the lid so that the laptop wakes up and is running again (should show "resuming windows" screen), with only a/c power (no battery). Use the fn+f4 combo at that moment. The keyboard "Brightness up" module should turn back on at that moment, along with the keyboard lights. Hope it works!

darn this does not work for me, i have tried many different variations and still did not work =/

I received my G73 yesterday and the lights worked for a while then...nothing...I can't get the keyboard to light up at all any longer (thought it does on boot up) and the 3 keys in the upper right of the main unit no longer work either. The left most key will turn its own light off and on but the other two keys that were both working yesterday no longer do anything. Any ideas. I thought I'd try here first and then contact xotic on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by tankgirlpdx View Post
    I received my G73 yesterday and the lights worked for a while then...nothing...I can't get the keyboard to light up at all any longer (thought it does on boot up) and the 3 keys in the upper right of the main unit no longer work either. The left most key will turn its own light off and on but the other two keys that were both working yesterday no longer do anything. Any ideas. I thought I'd try here first and then contact xotic on Monday.
    Tankgirl, sorry about the mod on your post.

Just to let you know, you may have to reinstall the ATK drivers from ASUS' support site. Some forum members have said that installing them more than once actually cures the issue. Give it a shot, and if you haven't already, call in and you can get some assistance.
    J.P. Flaherty
    XOTICPC.com
    1-877-289-9684 Ext. 524
    Custom Sager/Clevo| ASUS| Compal & MSI Laptops
    Sales Live Chat
    Follow Us: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

You will need to uninstall any current ATK drivers, reboot, then install the new ATK drivers, reboot, and all should be well. Might take a try or 2 to make it work.
    ASUS G73SW-A1
    Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM, 2.0-2.8GHz, (32nm, 6MB L3 cache)
    nVidia GeForce GTX 460M 1,536MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11
    8,192MB (8GB) DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel Memory (4x2GB)
    4X Blu-Ray Reader / 8X DVDRW/CDRW Super Multi Combo Drive
    Pri/Sec- 500GB (w/ 4GB SSD Memory) Seagate XT 7200RPM NCQ Hybrid 32MB Cache (Serial-ATA II 3GB/s
    Built-in 802.11 Wireless B/G/N - Stock Wireless Card