Toll Free: 1-877-289-9684  |  Live Chat 7 Days a Week

Thread: Question-Asus G53J Series

Default Question-Asus G53J Series

Okay I have a question , I bought this pc (Asus G53J Series) last month , it is a awesome laptop but im having a problem now.
    whenever i wanna turn on the pc all the lights except the keyboard ones turn on and the the screen doesnt turn on, and 30 secs later the fans start to move like at the full capacity ....then the laptop doesnt turn on.
    the only way to turn on the pc is pushing down the power button again for 10 secs or less...but i just was wondering why is that happening.

Thanks so much

I have the same problem and no answer . If you solved it somehow please write the solution here. I'll do the same, Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by deadbite View Post
    Okay I have a question , I bought this pc (Asus G53J Series) last month , it is a awesome laptop but im having a problem now.
    whenever i wanna turn on the pc all the lights except the keyboard ones turn on and the the screen doesnt turn on, and 30 secs later the fans start to move like at the full capacity ....then the laptop doesnt turn on.
    the only way to turn on the pc is pushing down the power button again for 10 secs or less...but i just was wondering why is that happening.

Thanks so much

Hey guys, did you both purchase your laptops from Xotic PC?

If so, send an email to service@xoticpc.com and let us know that this is happening. We can get an RMA and have it repaired for you if it is still under warranty (which I would imagine it is).

A couple things come to mind when trying to fix something like that...BIOS update first and foremost, since it seems like it isn't getting into the Windows installation yet. Also, you can tap F9 I believe while the computer is starting up to get to the recovery partition and reinstall Windows 7.

I would hate to think it would be hardware related, but do either of you experience any sort of high temps?
    J.P. Flaherty
    XOTICPC.com
    1-877-289-9684 Ext. 524
    Custom Sager/Clevo| ASUS| Compal & MSI Laptops
    Sales Live Chat
    Follow Us: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

fanfy of course listen to JP's suggestion. But let me get this straight. You try and start hear the noises but no screen. You then hold the power button down and screen comes on? It reboots and same black screen? Help me to get the symptoms correct.
    G73JH-A2
    i7-720 CPU HD5870 GPU
    8GB 1333MHz DDR3 2x500GB HDD

Quote Originally Posted by powerpack View Post
    fanfy of course listen to JP's suggestion. But let me get this straight. You try and start hear the noises but no screen. You then hold the power button down and screen comes on? It reboots and same black screen? Help me to get the symptoms correct.
    I tried to hold the power button for more than 10 seconds when booting, I have nothing on the screen (the keyboard isn't on, only the those leds on top of it). After 10-15 seconds it stops but than tries again to start without me pushing the power button. I don't know how ... after trying for a couple of minutes this way it starts.

I notice that this happens after staying on battery ... could this be a battery related problem? I tried also to remove the battery but without result.

A couple of things to try:

1. Remove Battery and Power Supply - Then Press Power Button - Might clear a power issue - Connect Power Supply (no battery) then try to power up normally.

2. Remove Battery - Connect Power Supply then press and hold the power button for 20-30 seconds - Then remove power supply for 30 seconds - Then Put Power Supply back in (No Battery) and try to power up normally.

Put the battery back in.

Clean the contact pins on the battery and in the notebook.